Saturday, July 30th .. 4:55 PM “DCI Southeastern Championship” …Center Parc Credit Union Stadium … Atlanta, GEORGIA

1 minute ago, NebraskaGBR said:

I was at one show at UNL {University of Nebraska - Lincoln} ... Memorial Stadium ... circa 2006/2007.  The show never happened.  Huge thunderstorms in the area 'just before' show was about to begin.   Paper was flying "UP" to the sky.   Drive back to the Base {Offutt Air Force Base} just south of Omaha was not very enjoyable.

Ugh! USAF was going to send me to Offutt after my first duty station. Luckily I talked them into sending me to grad school where I was currently stationed and saved them the expense of a move.

Old USAF saying about SAC assignment -- once you get on it, you never get Offutt.

4 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

In the past and probably the same there is always a clause about "mother nature". I'm hoping that DCI can at least give a credit for a canceled show for future shows, but I don't know. I don't thing DCI will get a refund for stadium contracts for rain outs but again I could be wrong. 

Probably not a refund but if they're smart they have an insurance policy in case of a rainout so DCI wouldn't be "out of pocket."  Usually there's a clause about a payout if there's x inches of rain at a certain time at the nearest airport (where they can use the impartial NWS measurements.)

At least I bought event insurance with the tix. Don't know how much it will cover or when it kicks in. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Simple solution would be to cut anyone that plays again tomorrow and then everyone has one score and the show ends normalish. 

Just looked at weather for tomorrow at Winston-Salem. Doesn’t look very promising.   Could easily have no Corps perform either day.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

I was there for those two years. Those storms were nasty! 

I agree.  I flew into Eppley Airfield (Omaha Airport) right as Tornado alarms were going off in the area.  We went from the aircraft to tornado shelters in the airport.  Driving to the Base afterwards ... huge street signs on the highway RT. 75 were knocked over.  Also remember the tornado drills each spring (April).

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Just looked at weather for tomorrow at Winston-Salem. Doesn’t look very promising.   Could easily have no Corps perform either day.  

Oh boy ... not good.  Tomorrow's line up is even better than tonight's.

+ perhaps even more important ... the Corps miss another chance for head-on-head competition & judges' feedback ... especially with DCI Finals two (2) weeks out from this evening.