Saturday, July 30th .. 4:55 PM “DCI Southeastern Championship” …Center Parc Credit Union Stadium … Atlanta, GEORGIA

Just now, Triple Forte said:

Maybe the design of the stadium was influenced by bluecoats 2014… Tilt 

Heh. That would be fun to see Bloo use those tarps.  Although they usually had side 1 lower than side two so it’s put those tarps even closer rather than correct the alignment.  

It’s a product of converting a baseball stadium to football. 

• Like 1

Gold!  Brought to you by the Zapfino font. 😉

That stadium is terrible. Birmingham has a brand new downtown stadium . Put it there or Charlotte even better. 

• Like 1

What throws my eyes is that the backfield IS aligned.  But not the front. Heh

You can't say they don't cover the field. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

The lack of parallel alignment between the stands and the field.   it is odd visually but not bothering me that much. 

Gotcha. Wish it could've been designed better, but they were trying to keep a little history to the stadium. It was the  1996 Olympic Stadium turn Atlanta Braves stadium. Thats were the unalignment between the stand and field comes from. 

Just now, KVG_DC said:

What throws my eyes is that the backfield IS aligned.  But not the front. Heh

I think those are new stands for football. 

Just another example of the incompetence that I've witnessed from DCI in handling venue issues such as ticketing, seats, gates, etc this season.  Murfreesboro was a nightmare trying to enter the gate.  There were two huge lines backed up into both parking areas @7pm with only Gate 3 used for entry.  

There were 3-4 scanners when they started.  There were 7 when they realized they had an issue.  Delayed step-off until 7:30pm.  "Skippy" from DCI was yelling commands but you couldn't really understand him with the mask.  "Skippy" has to be new in his position & he was stressed.         

The ATL facility is an absolutely horrible venue for anything related to football, marching band, or drum corps.  It's a baseball stadium built for baseball.      

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1