Friday, August 5th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

15 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

I thought tonight might be the night for Boston, but in the end Blue Devils dominated. That teaches me to never again go against what I know, the Blue Devils are the GOAT. 

Dominated ?

Dominated with a .55 spread. Mmm...

That's exciting! 4 really close pairings

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, lawdn said:

All of Bloo, BD, and BAC coming across as flat to me so maybe it is the Flo feed. Bloo and BAC looked sharper visually than BD, who seemed off. Can’t wait to see everyone live. 

Guess I should have saved my visual assessment until end of BAC….

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

What tonight's scores show:

1. Academy definitely showed huge improvement tonight. Brass easily had their best performance of the season, so passing Music City is not a surprise. 

2. Colts are the real deal and have a great chance making finals for the first time in 20 years. And I really hope they do!

3. Blue Knights are not making that final 2 week surge that they usually do to push them well into the top 12. They are gonna have to fight til the end if they want to perform next Saturday.

4. The top 10 is pretty much set in stone and Mandarins and Phantom, along with Blue Stars and Cavies, are in a great battle for 7-10 (I think Cadets have 6th locked up).

5. Bluecoats did not have a great performance tonight but they're still right there, so don't count them out for silver just yet.

6. Boston and BD didn't have their best performances either, but it's clear who the better corps is. Boston is going to have to be perfect to beat BD next week.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings! And Indy is a week away!!!!

It's been almost 20 years since BK last missed finals. Them, Crossmen, and Colts will be so tight! (Had Troopers not been royally screwed by COVID, they'd be in the mix easily)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, purenjoyment said:

Dominated ?

Dominated with a .55 spread. Mmm...

Check your math. I would say winning every caption save guard is a dominant performance.

Edited by mcjordansc
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

1.55!

My apologies. I misread the score. Ouch. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Easier to discuss scores than consent huh? Duly noted.

Every corps should be immensely proud of their accomplishments. I wish all MMs a spectacular final leg to the season.

Gnite all!

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e476du5wyv1bozxltqn5p

No, I think this is an important topic!  Some of the content in this show is definitely pushing the limit of good taste and being family friendly.  I feel uncomfortable watching certain parts of this show and I would have been really unhappy with the subject matter had I brought my son when he was a middle schooler falling in love with drum corps to see this performance.  Not to take away from the performers who perform at such a high level one and all.

• Thanks 1