Friday, August 5th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

The humidity in Allentown is currently 83%.   That pretty intense.  That could be the problem.

• Like 2

Just now, ftwdrummer said:

That was a rough closer run for Boston. Company front wasn't straight at the start--like, did I see that correctly and ten yards worth of people just formed up two steps forward of where they were supposed to?

And a couple of people went early for the down ending in a way that was noticeable from high cam by me--and I figure if it's noticeable enough that a pit guy spotted it it must be pretty bad.

Nifty down ending though.

Wish they'd found a way to wedge a certain rhythm into one of the various drum fills under held chords, though.

I caught that too — made me wonder if the drum major’s cue was confusing. 

1 minute ago, ftwdrummer said:

That was a rough closer run for Boston. Company front wasn't straight at the start--like, did I see that correctly and ten yards worth of people just formed up two steps forward of where they were supposed to?

And a couple of people went early for the down ending in a way that was noticeable from high cam by me--and I figure if it's noticeable enough that a pit guy spotted it it must be pretty bad.

Wish they'd found a way to wedge a certain rhythm into one of the various drum fills under held chords, though.

I also noticed that, and that was the first time in weeks it wasn't straight out

• Like 1

Just now, ftwdrummer said:

Ok..I'm glad that wasn't just me not knowing something. I'm thinking are they supposed to be THAT crooked?? They didn't know where to be unfortunately. 

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Actually, they're sent to earth...out of paradise.  

Like i said, HELL

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, NakedEye said:

Everyone after Phantom seemed flat to me, and maybe Flo is the source of the weird sound stuff as I didn’t think Bloo, BD or Boston sounded that great. Perhaps the long day of challenging weather?

Boston’s guard had quite a few uncharacteristic errors and BD’s guard seemed the strongest they have been, so no idea how that will end up.

I think from an energy standpoint, Phantom gave the most. I could see them sliding up a bit this week. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

Ok,  what does BAC throwing the purple cloth at the end mean?

Purple is a very "sacred" color. it was expensive and illegal to own any purple colored item at certain points in time. It was reserved only for the church or the crown.  I suppose it signifies the throwing away of the paradise Adam and Eve had as they are banished from Eden.

Edited by squarepush
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NakedEye said:

Everyone after Phantom seemed flat to me, and maybe Flo is the source of the weird sound stuff as I didn’t think Bloo, BD or Boston sounded that great. Perhaps the long day of challenging weather?

Boston’s guard had quite a few uncharacteristic errors and BD’s guard seemed the strongest they have been, so no idea how that will end up.

I think it was how Flo mic’d the field. I

I am just glad that the Devils got to perform tonight!

• Like 4