Friday, August 5th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

2 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

Ok,  what does BAC throwing the purple cloth at the end mean?

I hope I'm not reading too much into this, but when BD has an undefeated season and a championship they get purple rings. Instead of blue rings..... 

2 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

My buddy says "that drum feature is so good, but note that they take advantage of the sideline percussion judging placement with backfield work."

hey, when you got it, flaunt it IMO

• Like 2

That was a rough closer run for Boston. Company front wasn't straight at the start--like, did I see that correctly and ten yards worth of people just formed up two steps forward of where they were supposed to?

And a couple of people went early for the down ending in a way that was noticeable from high cam by me--and I figure if it's noticeable enough that a pit guy spotted it it must be pretty bad.

Nifty down ending though.

Wish they'd found a way to wedge a certain rhythm into one of the various drum fills under held chords, though.

ETA: I rewound and looked. it's about seven yards of people on the side 1 end who formed up on the hash marks instead of two steps behind them. But the middle of the line was dipping down, too. Eesh.

Edited by ftwdrummer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everyone after Phantom seemed flat to me, and maybe Flo is the source of the weird sound stuff as I didn’t think Bloo, BD or Boston sounded that great. Perhaps the long day of challenging weather?

Boston’s guard had quite a few uncharacteristic errors and BD’s guard seemed the strongest they have been, so no idea how that will end up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, saxfreq1128 said:

yep that’s why they’re sent to hell 😈

Actually, they're sent to earth...out of paradise.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

I unironically think that GPG sample marching band music would make an amazing drum corp chart

It sounds like every other GPG chart lol

Boston wasn’t on fire tonight but was still really great! I think the score will be a .25 between Bd and BAC and can go either way!
BAC Guard added several new difficult skills in there which if noticed could help their content score which was already ahead. I’d say it’s about the same:  .2 to .25 above BD in content and BD was .1 ahead in achievement 

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 1