Friday, August 5th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

The fan favorite tonight was Phantom.   

agree

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

The fan favorite tonight was Phantom.   

I'd fully expect that at Allentown actually. Tomorrow they will eat up Cadets of course. 😉

• Like 3

1 Blue Devils 96.050
2 Boston Crusaders 94.500
3 Bluecoats 94.375
4 Mandarins 88.700
5 Phantom Regiment 88.375
6 Colts 84.525
7 Blue Knights 84.100
8 The Academy 78.450
9 Music City 78.000
  • Like 1

I'm going to take this moment and say something important...

And before I do, I urge readers to understand that I have trained in consent and trauma-responsivity. I don't bring this up lightly and I need for responses to be sensitive here. I will block or draw mod attention to any that are enablist or anti-survivor.

There is more than one show this season that should require consent coaching. Here's why:

When you depict adult themes in your show like violence or sexuality, it's crucial to gain the consent for each part of the show that could prove harmful to survivors who have not openly disclosed their survivor status. (And of course, those that have.) In this world, in this activity, choreographers can no longer assume they are not writing shows for some performers that are survivors. I could find some statistics to further this point, but please, just look them up yourselves.

And please don't forget this is a youth arts education activity.

As a performer who has presented choreography that flashes my pelvis at the audience on a major show impact in this activity, it doesn't feel great to look back on it 20 years later. There are and were so many other choreographic options than that.

I strongly urge designers to reconsider choreo like this.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3