Saturday, August 6th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

1 minute ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Corps from the previous night count as “the previous corps” at Allentown, that’s all we’re trying to say. The judges start the two nights knowing this. 

I get that, but you can't look at scores tonight and come to any conclusions about where corps from either night would have placed if everyone was together. You can't say Crown beat BAC or Bluecoats at Allentown because they didn't. That doesn't mean they won't at finals, it just means one can't jump to conclusions like some many did in 2019 with the "Crown passed SCV" comments every where on the Crown thread. Crown never beat SCV head-to-head in 2019 and head-to-head is all that matters.

4 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

BOA Super Regionals are done this exact way. Bands are spread out over 2 days with the same judges with those scores over both days deciding who moves on to finals...

I think DCI judges can do the same...

I don't care how BOA does it. I've been in this activity since 1984 and for past 40+ years I've known you can't compare scores from different nights.

The funny thing is if Crown had gotten a 93 instead of a 95 you'd certainly be agreeing with me.

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

I get that, but you can't look at scores tonight and come to any conclusions about where corps from either night would have placed if everyone was together. You can't say Crown beat BAC or Bluecoats at Allentown because they didn't. That doesn't mean they won't at finals, it just means one can't jump to conclusions like some many did in 2019 with the "Crown passed SCV" comments every where on the Crown thread. Crown never beat SCV head-to-head in 2019 and head-to-head is all that matters.

But why is that ridiculous? At finals in 2019, SCV only beat Crown by .037. So the idea of Crown beating SCV a week earlier at Allentown isn’t far fetched at all. It’s pretty consistent! 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

But why is that ridiculous? At finals in 2019, SCV only beat Crown by .037. So the idea of Crown beating SCV a week earlier at Allentown isn’t far fetched at all. It’s pretty consistent! 

I never said it wasn't out of the realm of possibility for Crown to beat SCV in 2019, but they never did, and I heard a chorus of "Crown is ahead of SCV" at Allentown.

Let's just wait it out until Thursday and see if Crown is only 1 point from BD and ahead of BAC. If they are, you're right, if they aren't, I'm right. 

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

I don't care how BOA does it. I've been in this activity since 1984 and for past 40+ years I've known you can't compare scores from different nights.

The funny thing is if Crown had gotten a 93 instead of a 95 you'd certainly be agreeing with me.

Quotes from the DCI site on the Allentown 2019 recap:

"Since the Friday and Saturday DCI Eastern Classic pres. by Big, Loud & Live events in Allentown, Pennsylvania are considered to be one show in two parts with the same adjudication panel, the results from both days are considered as being from one event."

"When combining the two nights’ scores, Carolina Crown passed up defending World Champion Santa Clara Vanguard..."

"Carolina Crown (3rd place – 93.638 – Saturday) moved above Vanguard despite placing 6th from two of the four GE judges..."

Think what you want though, I don't care anymore since quite a few have tried to explain this to you.

And I'm not kidding when I say I literally don't care where Crown comes in the scoring. Would I love them to win another Championship? Of course, I'm a proud alum and will always hope for that. But if you think I truly care if they come 2nd or 8th, then you really don't know me one bit.

1 hour ago, 27Socal said:

Cadets now above Blue Stars.  In the same show. What a great year for Cadets, with a young corps.  Watch out for them next year.

For now!!! I will take Blue Stars within less than a half point going into Indi.  There is still a week left, a lot can happen.  I believe this battle will go down right to the end/last day

14 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I never said it wasn't out of the realm of possibility for Crown to beat SCV in 2019, but they never did, and I heard a chorus of "Crown is ahead of SCV" at Allentown.

Let's just wait it out until Thursday and see if Crown is only 1 point from BD and ahead of BAC. If they are, you're right, if they aren't, I'm right. 

Wait a minute…

You just spent all of this time trying to make a case that you can’t compare 2 CONSECUTIVE nights as one show, but then you want to use a show MULTIPLE DAYS LATER to determine if the scores for the last 2 nights  were accurate?

Edited by jaylogan
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

same - at least since 2005 for me - all the other good shows had someone meddling and spoiling them.

I wonder if "someone" was there tonite?

11 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

Supposed to be the same show in two days, and I think for the most part the judges did ok. But I really question Crossmen's and Troopers' big jump over Colts and BK. Crossmen are not 2 pts better than the Colts and only 2 pts behind Phantom. And that is where I think the judges may have had a temporary brainfart. But I do hope Troopers being back to almost full strength again truly did put them back in the race for finals. Can you imagine a Finals with Colts AND Troopers?? 

Of the 4 corps in that group, I think Troopers have the best show design while Colt's are executing the best.  Crossmen's performance today was on a different level that BK on yesterday.  I love BK, but I think they're out. And if Troopers puts it all together and Crossmen has a really bad day then Casper has a shot. 

• Like 1