Finals... Colts, Troopers or both.

Y’all, to hear my sons voice after they heard the scores. 4 years with Colts, and this is his age out year, and they’re in Finals. To hear the emotion! But, what really started the water works for me is when he said Troop and Colts were embracing each other when they found out. Wow. Wow. All the banter we do in these platforms…predictions and all that, and it’s fun! But to see these corps finally get to the big stage and appreciate each other for it….WOW!!!

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, OldSchoolCorps said:

Y’all, to hear my sons voice after they heard the scores. 4 years with Colts, and this is his age out year, and they’re in Finals. To hear the emotion! But, what really started the water works for me is when he said Troop and Colts were embracing each other when they found out. Wow. Wow. All the banter we do in these platforms…predictions and all that, and it’s fun! But to see these corps finally get to the big stage and appreciate each other for it….WOW!!!

Oh man. Thanks for sharing that. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, OldSchoolCorps said:

Amazing! As a colts alum during the 14’ 15’ years we were so close then. A little teary eyed myself today with joy! The colts organization is run very very well and im glad to see them get this recognition 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Actually, after a quick check, it appears the correct answer is 2008. Blue Stars and Madison replaced Spirit and Colts that year.

But thanks anyway!

DCI tweeted it was 2002 but after I pointed out 2008 they deleted it, but haven't put out a correction.

7 minutes ago, WarriorWay said:

Amazing! As a colts alum during the 14’ 15’ years we were so close then. A little teary eyed myself today with joy! The colts organization is run very very well and im glad to see them get this recognition 

Those were great shows. The oz one took a long time to grow on me but "and a shot rang out" caught me from the start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Those were great shows. The oz one took a long time to grow on me but "and a shot rang out" caught me from the start.

Both of those shows have aged remarkably well and really should’ve made Finals on ambitious design concepts alone.

Troopers also had a great show in 2015 that came within inches of making Finals (albeit due to the Crossmen’s massive penalty that evening).

5 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Both of those shows have aged remarkably well and really should’ve made Finals on ambitious design concepts alone.

Troopers also had a great show in 2015 that came within inches of making Finals (albeit due to the Crossmen’s massive penalty that evening).

Wild Horses was a total favorite.  I wanted that in finals as much as I wanted this year's in finals.  

New Road West was a fave of mine too.  That opening with Welcome to the Black Parade and their long time DM leading it was soooooo good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarriorWay said:

I’m also such a proud alumni! So proud of all of them! 

• Like 1