Do NOT miss the Bluecoats Alumni Corps...DO NOT!!!

28 minutes ago, tedrick said:

Alumni shows can break innovative new ground in drill design with the use of electric wheelchairs in the marching drill.

Broadway uses robotic prop movers to move scenery discreetly and perfectly - when are the marching arts going to catch up and starting using robotics to move either props or serve as ways for marching members to perform drill with perfection?

Alumni corps should also really consider using midi instrument controllers instead of traditional brass instruments - 

Far easier for alumni members to perform on an electronic wind instrument (ewi) or midi drum controller -- 

hey now. i design that stuff.  There's no one in DCI with the budget to incorporate automation... yet.  

I know. i have my estimator open right now for a project. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

425 members divided by what...48,000 SF of space on a football field. That's about a small bedroom size of space per MM to move around. 

Better leave the props at home, Bloo. 

A couple of years ago the JSU Marching Southerners hit the field with over 500 MM.  They managed to do enough drill to make it very enjoyable, but the highlight was the sound...  W O W ! ! ! ! ! !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

i know many people involved in the admin, staff and performers in this group, and i look forward to seeing them all.

Unfortunately, aren't we missing one of THE biggest Bloo alumni who passed a few years ago?  I seem to recall a post saying the featured sop screamer from '87-'88 Autumn Leaves passed.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

Unfortunately, aren't we missing one of THE biggest Bloo alumni who passed a few years ago?  I seem to recall a post saying the featured sop screamer from '87-'88 Autumn Leaves passed.

Jeff Wilt?? he's still here

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

Jeff Wilt?? he's still here

Whew!  Glad I'm wrong there.  I know they're playing Autumn Leaves and it wouldn't be right without him finishing it off.

25 minutes ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

Yep - see my post re: Frank Pasquerella - 
Frank was an incredible music educator and friend - 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

Whew!  Glad I'm wrong there.  I know they're playing Autumn Leaves and it wouldn't be right without him finishing it off.

Jeff is still here. not sure if he is doing the corps

I know Ed Pierson who marched those years too.  Dunno if he's doing the alumni corps though.  Didn't get a chance to talk to him while in Indiana last month and forgot to ask his mom when I saw her in church..heh. 

55 minutes ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

A couple of years ago the JSU Marching Southerners hit the field with over 500 MM.  They managed to do enough drill to make it very enjoyable, but the highlight was the sound...  W O W ! ! ! ! ! !

In Purdue Band in 80s we pushed 425 members.   Typically half of musicians faced each sideline. 

• Like 2