Monday, August 8th “DCI Open Class Championship Prelims” Wildcat Football Stadium at Indiana Wesleyan University Marion, INDIANA

Seeing them with no tenors made me think, wow, wish we had done that BITD in a small corps I marched in. Put more snares and basses in and zap the tenors. Probably would have saved on some tics too.  🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Those are good seats there.  How's the crowd?  I know it's early, but honestly if I were going back home I'd be more tempted to do the OC semis and finals then prelims and be done than the 'super 3.'  

From the 40 to 40 its pretty packed. Good crowd. 35 yd line and out on both sides, only a few seats filled. 

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

From the 40 to 40 its pretty packed. Good crowd. 35 yd line and out on both sides, only a few seats filled. 

oh nice.  even for this early.  And yeah they tend to sell the 40 to 40 then sell outward.

Just now, DrumManTx said:

Honestly that was one of the stronger opening performances I can remember watching Open Class as of recent, great job Les Stentors!  🙂

Colt Cadets were before them.  But yeah they were strong for opening performance at OC too.  Quality is up!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I imagine the logistics of getting corps over the border is a thing. Les Stentors come over and spend the whole time here then go back.  The costs and logistics for getting corps across for one show would probably be a big budget hit.  

Although they could have some corps do a show in Windsor after the Detroit opener easily enough if the entries are worked out.  A Buffalo/Hamilton show would work too if DCI wanted to go back to Buffalo.  

College band I was as in did a Canada trip.  One guy tried to smuggle Canadian whiskey across border in snare drum. Customs became suspicious when one drum weighed much more than the other 11.  Band left boarder without him. Didn’t see him anymore after that 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

Just now, OldSnareDrummer said:

I don't know that I've ever seen Raiders perform. 

They had a show, Iconic, that had these neat stages that looked like they weighed 10 tons one year.