Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

6 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Yep, it'll stay on. Make your own popcorn and save the $20. 

Well it's not just the $20.

For DCI Fathom events at my local theater, their left front sound channel has been out for years.  So we get no sound on the left side.  The surround speakers all work and the right side sound is good.  But, it is absolutely silent on the left.

I've talked to people at the concession stand and they've done nothing.  I even wrote to the management months before the event in 2019 telling them of the issue.  Then I show up for the 2019 Big Live & Loud and the left channel was still out.  It's infuriating.

Big Live & Loud has been held in different theaters in the same building and it is always the same, so I know that it is a problem on the receiver side not the theater side. 

This started in 2014. The theater started the Big Live & Loud show and there was no sound.  People ran to the concession stand, but there was no management around, so the popcorn girl went into the booth and started unplugging and plugging in cables until we finally had some sound.  The left front was out then, but we were happy to hear anything at all.

Well since that day, no one has gone into that booth to fix the audio completely.  They just don't care.  So, I would rather not give them my money.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’ve never seen anything like these concessions lines.  I need water.  Nothing else but they won’t allow me to bring in my own.   I wonder if they get a letter from my doctor if that would allow me to bring my own? 

Yup, watching flomarching, at home, I'm all for doing away with the breaks, but whenever I attend a live event, I'm all for longer intermissions due to the insanely long bathroom and concessions lines.

• Like 1

Looks like the Calgary group just missed semis. That’s a shame, i wanted to see them. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’ve never seen anything like these concessions lines.  I need water.  Nothing else but they won’t allow me to bring in my own.   I wonder if they get a letter from my doctor if that would allow me to bring my own? 

If the TSA  rules say that you can bring a FROZEN water bottle (not liquid) thru TSA security,  you would think that would be good enough for DCI.   I'm sure it's not because DCI or the stadium wants to charge greedy prices for water in the stadium:  "Screw 'em,  let them pass out".

One of the So Cal stadiums let you bring in water bottles that were not opened yet.  So you couldn't load it up with hooch. I think it was the Rose Bowl.

Edited by 27Socal

1 minute ago, Cop said:

YAY Drum Corps!  It's too early for a cocktail here in Venice Beach. 
(or is it?!?)

Naw, cheers! It's 5 o'clock somewhere! 🤣

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

They’re letting people bring in water and their water bottles.  Even snacks.  

Attention Walmart shoppers!   Stock up and bring it in!

• Haha 1