Could this be another 1995?

13 hours ago, Reed said:

In 1995, Blue Devils went into finals week undefeated and seen by many as the undisputed favorite to win a back to back championship.  They had a great show, and even though some corps had gotten close, no one had topped them all season. Their show, Carpe Noctem, had all the makings of a champion, but in the end, Cavaliers and Cadets passed them in Buffalo to take the gold and silver, respectively, leaving BD with the bronze.

Could that happen this year?  I don't see why not... It would certainly make things interesting this weekend!

There's also the "conspiracy" that DCI was coming under the umbrella of Disney, moving championships to Orlando the following year, and that they did not want their champion to have a show entitled "Carpe Noctem", replete with the guard dancing with skulls. 

Just a theory. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

We've heard this before.  They are good.  Their show design is also good, but better by leaps and bounds better...no.

I'd call 1.5 points over the 2nd place corps being leaps and bounds. Yes, yes, I know, Atlanta, but Atlanta was the odd man out this year in terms of scores and spreads. BD has consistently been around 1.5 better than any of the other top corps, and they have the most consistency across captions, and are the only corps that has a legitimate shot at winning all captions. The other four don't. Also, the other four will help BD win by knocking each other down in various captions, which increases BD's lead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

I recall 2019  and  the Bluecoats run up to finals..I thought then  that the only thing that could spoil  their  championship aspirations, would be HUBRIS..Not that Bluecoats felt that way or anyone else for that matter,  but When you've won all season, the expectation for that to continue can be daunting..So, if BD does as BD does, they should win but if the slightest bit of "Hubris" enters their psyche, taking for granted the hard working competition, then maybe as in 2019 the corps with the most wins doesn't win...imo..peace

But Bluecoats didn't win everything going into finals. Before finals, BD beat them three times and they beat BD six times. The biggest spread Bluecoats beat BD by was well under a point. BD beat Bluecoats by just over a point once. The two were neck and neck from the moment they met up. I don't think anyone thought it was Bluecoats to win or lose at any point after the two met up. This year, BD is firmly out front and has been the entire season. Hope I'm wrong. I'd love to see someone else win, but I just can't see BD losing this year. It is theirs to win or lose.

Edited by henry7184

4 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

We've heard this before.  They are good.  Their show design is also good, but better by leaps and bounds better...no.

I guarantee BD will win. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Boston's show ain't The Planets, and both Bloo and Crown have weaknesses that BD doesn't.

So..nope.

Nor is it Madison '88 (and Vanguard '88 for that matter) or Spartacus. The years BD came in undefeated and lost, it was because a truly spectacular show (or two) was lingering dangerously beneath them. Not the case this year.

Edited by henry7184

I think that Boston will top BD on Saturday!