Saturday, August 13th 5:30 PM ET “DCI World Championship Finals” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana

Just now, Liahona said:

Agree in point. Well I was thinking more along the lines of paradise found or should I say "Paradise Regained", which is another poem by John Milton that shares similar theological themes. However, Paradise Regained deals primarily with the temptation of Christ as recounted in the Gospel of Luke.  

Watched all of Lucifer and supernatural and seen alot about this story lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Den8uml said:

This weekend in Indy has been outstanding! Here are some thoughts from tonight: 

-mandarins up close…wow that staging is moving fast as they turn!

The difference in the perceived velocity from up high to down close is astonishing. Thursday in 438 was like "oh wow, that's cool live..." and tonight in 139 was more of a "holy ####, that's insane!" 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I am ready for...

Paradise Found! 😉

Then in 2024 we can get Paradise Lost Again. 

It centers around Adam and Eve getting a ticket back into Eden but Adam losing it in the counter in the opener (clearly visible to the audience and the rest of the corps) but they scramble all over looking for it. Opener is Welcome to Paradise by Green Day 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CFC1905 said:

BD doesn’t make art. Calm down. 

if not art, then what? are the performers just standing? doing nothing? not providing and creating? not performing? is music not art? very very arrogant comment. 

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, FaustianMachine said:

The difference in the perceived velocity from up high to down close is astonishing. Thursday in 438 was like "oh wow, that's cool live..." and tonight in 139 was more of a "holy ####, that's insane!" 

Exactly my thoughts 

1 hour ago, fanman said:

Not sure that “unique” is, by definition, the right description. But congrats on your discernment and appreciation. 

I think the uniqueness of BD, at least for the past decade, is that they continually design and develop shows that reference other art forms and musical genres, and they interpret them thoughtfully. I don’t think there are any other corps that develop shows like that consistently. The result is musical books and visually coherent performances that work. Add their always proficient technical prowess and you get a formula for success. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Then next year BD wins brass on finals night, but Crown wins Quarters and Semi's, then the complaint will be to bring back three day average. 

I noticed they didn’t offer to return Crown’s 2016 Zingali award. 

Edited by lawdn
  • Like 1

That all went pretty much as planned.

I did appreciate the brass judges call based on what I heard tonight, they were spot on.

Congrats to Bluecoats and Boston for a tie.

Two sisters, marching in their respective guards, had their corps tie tonight. Very awesome for them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FaustianMachine said:

Well, you know what they say about ties.... 

An awesome  moment for their family?

• Like 1