2023 Season Predictions

1 hour ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

I think Scouts here is a lot of wishful thinking.  I only see one unit possibly dropping out of last year's top 12, and there's several corps ahead of Madison that should stay ahead of them.  The top 10 from last year should be locks, Troopers should be BETTER than last year, and that only leaves one spot for Colts/Crossmen/BK/Madison. 

SCV is out, so that's room for TWO spots at least. I think that Colts can hold, but BK or Scouts slip in where SCV is gone. I just don't know about Crossmen, but they were talented last year, like BK, with a show design that wasn't talented...

Edited by jjeffeory

3 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

SCV is out, so that's room for TWO spots at least. I think that Colts can hold, but BK or Scouts slip in where SCV is gone. I just don't know about Crossmen, but they were talented last year, like BK, with a show design that wasn't talented...

This is how entrenched my brain is... we've been talking about SCV since last fall and yet I didn't even process leaving Vanguard out of the repeating top 12.  It's so impossible for me to believe that I actually gaslighted myself.

I think the show designs are going to be the deciding factor, and that kinda sucks.  It is what it is though.

• Sad 1

I've already made a placement prediction earlier in the thread  so I think this prediction will pertain to non placements. 

The top three will be cleaner on finals night than they were in 2022. Watching BAC and Bloo's finals runs it was clear BAC had a ...not sure a bad run is the right word....but they made mistakes that usually didn't occur in previous performances. Had they not made a couple of them they would have taken third and Bloo would have taken 3rd. At least in my opinion. 

Anyways....I just think the runs for pretty much all the corps wasn't as clean as they were in 2019. Two years off I expected them to not be as they were in 2019. However...they were better than I thought they would be. So I expect 2023 will be much much better for everyone. 

BD will once again be in the top three. Even though I haven't been a fan of Bloo the past few years I think they'll be there as well. But my question is what Crown and BAC will do. Before last summer I would have never thought BAC would over take Crown...then at about halfway through their season I knew they would. So this season I dunno. Either of them will be in the top three. If Crown fixes their GE they'll be in top three. I know everyone goes on about their percussion but looking at GE recaps it's clear GE did more damage overall then percussion did. 

Cavies will be re energized for their 75th.  

Troopers will be another fan favorite and possibly stay in finals again if they don't over do it to out do their 2022 show. 

Crossmen/ Blue Knights will battle to get back into finals. 

Brass will be between BD and Crown.

Percussion will be between BD and Bloo since SCV is out. 

Lately color guard has been to BAC as brass has been to Crown. Even so Crown has lost the Ott four times since 2012 so their not invulnerable. I would say the same about BAC. Three times in a row 11' 12' 13' but lost it in 2014. BAC has taken the color guard award the past three years. Lets see if they keep it. 

7 hours ago, WildcatMello said:

I've already made a placement prediction earlier in the thread  so I think this prediction will pertain to non placements. 

The top three will be cleaner on finals night than they were in 2022. Watching BAC and Bloo's finals runs it was clear BAC had a ...not sure a bad run is the right word....but they made mistakes that usually didn't occur in previous performances. Had they not made a couple of them they would have taken third and Bloo would have taken 3rd. At least in my opinion. 

Anyways....I just think the runs for pretty much all the corps wasn't as clean as they were in 2019. Two years off I expected them to not be as they were in 2019. However...they were better than I thought they would be. So I expect 2023 will be much much better for everyone. 

BD will once again be in the top three. Even though I haven't been a fan of Bloo the past few years I think they'll be there as well. But my question is what Crown and BAC will do. Before last summer I would have never thought BAC would over take Crown...then at about halfway through their season I knew they would. So this season I dunno. Either of them will be in the top three. If Crown fixes their GE they'll be in top three. I know everyone goes on about their percussion but looking at GE recaps it's clear GE did more damage overall then percussion did. 

Troopers will be another fan favorite and possibly stay in finals again if they don't over do it to out do their 2022 show. 

Lately color guard has been to BAC as brass has been to Crown. Even so Crown has lost the Ott four times since 2012 so their not invulnerable. I would say the same about BAC. Three times in a row 11' 12' 13' but lost it in 2014. BAC has taken the color guard award the past three years. Lets see if they keep it. 

No mention of Phantom Regiment ,  Blue Stars, Mandarins in the current Top 12   . I think both Blue Stars and Phantom will be strong this season , with perhaps Phantom the best chance of demonstrating continued improvement noticed lately that could result in upward  placement movement . Mandarins did well last season  . Several of their brass vets will be marching BD this year . If they adequately fill that they could surprise , but it’s a crowded field in that grouping , so we’ll just have to see . 

Edited by Boss Anova

8 hours ago, WildcatMello said:

I think you are right about Bloo remaining in the top 3.  And I think Brass will also be between BD and Crown, both solid programs and will come down to overall design and presentation of the specific sections. 

Not sure Troopers can pull it off two years in a row. But maybe I’m wrong. 

Is there a world where Crossmen and Blue Knights both get in?  Meaning Troop is out?

Perc I think goes away from Bloo and maybe back to BD?  This will be interesting to watch now that SCV is out. 

Guard has been going to BAC, but I was really impressed finals night with Crown I wouldn’t be surprised with a change here, or at least more pressure on BAC. BD is always a solid contender as well.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Danby510 said:

I think you are right about Bloo remaining in the top 3.  And I think Brass will also be between BD and Crown, both solid programs and will come down to overall design and presentation of the specific sections. 

Not sure Troopers can pull it off two years in a row. But maybe I’m wrong. 

Is there a world where Crossmen and Blue Knights both get in?  Meaning Troop is out?

Perc I think goes away from Bloo and maybe back to BD?  This will be interesting to watch now that SCV is out. 

Guard has been going to BAC, but I was really impressed finals night with Crown I wouldn’t be surprised with a change here, or at least more pressure on BAC. BD is always a solid contender as well.

I would argue that Troopers have a better chance at pulling off two years in a row with SCV being out. I think there is energy behind them after last year. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

No mention of Phantom Regiment ,  Blue Stars, Mandarins in the current Top 12   . I think both Blue Stars and Phantom will be strong this season , with perhaps Phantom the best chance of demonstrating continued improvement noticed lately that could result in upward  placement movement . Mandarins did well last season  . Several of their brass vets will be marching BD this year . If they adequately fill that they could surprise , but it’s a crowded field in that grouping , so we’ll just have to see . 

I've heard some SCV people are going to the Mandarins, so they could be even better than last year.

I agree that Blue Stars will be right where they were last year. It's time to stop doubting them.

Phantom Regiment will be up there, and I've heard they are a force already!

The Cavaliers are going to bounce back to top 5 quality if what I'm seeing and mostly hearing is any indication of things to come.

The change in design staff and the addition of other staff will make them just fine with the incredible talent that they've recruited this year, which is what has historically happened to them in the past when they have big design fails the previous year. Also, there were more guard members/auditionees at the latest camp than there were this time last year, which was probably their weakest section since Covid.

My big question mark is Crown. They'll be top 5, but what are they going to be like after all the criticism last year.

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

My big question mark is Crown. They'll be top 5, but what are they going to be like after all the criticism last year.

At this stage nobody knows .. of course .  Seems like their show design and vibe they want generated with this year’s show and  theme will be completely different in just about every aspect this year according to some Crown insiders there . It’s a more serious theme from reports   .It’s also a transitional year there with changes in staff and Mgt . Agree, it’s anybody’s guess how it shakes out .  They should still however be comfortably in the upper echelon somewhere placement wise this season . 

Edited by Boss Anova