2023 Season Predictions

18 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Ok, I'm hearing more out of corps, and a LOT of good corps corpsing is happening this year.

There are too many good AND enjoy programs being learned right now to make a prediction on where they'll place in the end.

I surmise that the further the COVID years recede into the distance, the more groups seem to be finding their footing again with membership maturing and logistics solidifying.  Very hopeful for a competitive and entertaining season and I'm thrilled to be making my first trip to Allentown since 2015.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ExPitster said:

I surmise that the further the COVID years recede into the distance, the more groups seem to be finding their footing again with membership maturing and logistics solidifying.  Very hopeful for a competitive and entertaining season and I'm thrilled to be making my first trip to Allentown since 2015.

I hope you enjoy your trip to Allentown! It's a fun time!

• Like 2

Welp, let's try these predictions out

1) BK is back in finals

2) Cadets push for the top 4

3) Phantom, Cavaliers, and Blue Stars are all in the 5-8 range

4) We get another finals night tie 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ExPitster said:

I was continually predicting that 2023 will look to be a step up for many corps compared to 2022 and that is shaping up to be the case

1.) There will be 6 or 7 corps competing for 12th. Music City and Spirit will be in the hunt, BK and Crossmen will most definitely be pushing to get back in. Troopers and Colts will not go quiet into Semi Finals and Madison would like a word as well. 

2.) Either Blue Stars or Mandarins will make their first top 5 appearance. 

3.) Most corps over 90 at finals ever. Maybe even all top 12 corps will score over 90. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

1.) There will be 6 or 7 corps competing for 12th. Music City and Spirit will be in the hunt, BK and Crossmen will most definitely be pushing to get back in. Troopers and Colts will not go quiet into Semi Finals and Madison would like a word as well. 

3.) Most corps over 90 at finals ever. Maybe even all top 12 corps will score over 90. 

I think Regiment and Cavaliers have a better chance of making top 5 than the Mandarins.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1. BD
  2. Crown
  3. Crusaders
  4. Bluecoats
  5. Cadets
  6. Phantom
  7. Blue Stars
  8. Cavaliers
  9. Mandarins
  10. Troopers
  11. Blue Knights
  12. Crossmen
  13. Colts
  14. Scouts
  15. Music City
  16. Academy
  17. Spirit
  18. Pacific Crest
  19. Spartans
  20. Gold
  21. Genesis
  22. Guardians
  23. Cascades
  24. Southwind
  25. Battalion
  26. Surf
  27. Columbians
  28. River City Rhythm
  29. 7th Regiment
  30. Raiders
  31. Stentors
  32. Colt Cadets

1 hour ago, Algernon said:
  1. BD
  2. Crown
  3. Crusaders
  4. Bluecoats
  5. Cadets
  6. Phantom
  7. Blue Stars
  8. Cavaliers
  9. Mandarins
  10. Troopers
  11. Blue Knights
  12. Crossmen
  13. Colts
  14. Scouts
  15. Music City
  16. Academy
  17. Spirit
  18. Pacific Crest
  19. Spartans
  20. Gold
  21. Genesis
  22. Guardians
  23. Cascades
  24. Southwind
  25. Battalion
  26. Surf
  27. Columbians
  28. River City Rhythm
  29. 7th Regiment
  30. Raiders
  31. Stentors
  32. Colt Cadets

Personally I would love to see Les Stentors show up 140-strong & be in the mix for 12th to 18th

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ContraFart said:

Cavaliers will be top 6. I'd bet money on it. Last year was the blip, not the trend. You can look at their history to see this.

Also, this is our 75th Anniversary.  They're bringing it!

Edited by jjeffeory

2 hours ago, ContraFart said:

Blue Stars have been in the top five three times in their history, but I know what you mean, modern times. 

• Like 1