2023 Season Predictions

25 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

A very California heavy prediction…👀

I like the idea of including previous with current predictions.  Please keep posting these, especially after San Antonio and Atlanta. Very cool 

It's not my fault that CA corps are having a strong year. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 6

Finally saw Blue Devils live...and wow.  Couple things... no one is catching them... and they will win high brass.. not crown.  Holy cow.  At this point I do think they will win by 2 points..or close to it.   I am always rooting for Bluecoats, Crown and the Cavies.... but the proof is in the puddin' (so to speak).  

1. Blue Devils by 1.5 to 2  (GE, Visual, Brass, Guard, Percusion)..captions sweep

2. Bluecoats  (I think the will outpace Boston in visual and brass... and edge them for the silver)

3. Boston Crusaders (need to have something else on their heads or nothing at all... the visual package from uniforms to staging seems to be not well thought out)  

4. Carolina Crown (why am i still not getting into this show... the story is not fun or exciting enough to connect)

5. Mandarins (they continue to get better and i have to say.. this show is packed with some interesting moments

6. Phantom (show has a lot of visual... confusion for me.. and is missing some difficulty) musically this show does not transition as seamlessly as those above them.

7. Cavaliers (it's obvious they are working really hard..and it will be close between them and Cadets)

8. Cadets (omg, i have seen them live so many times...since 1982... always seems to be some level of thrill for me.).. the staging for the show is designed to hide dirt until something is thrown in the air... and then you see the dirt.  i hope this show gets clean and they make some changes.  we need them back in the top 5

9. Bluestars (not much i can say..i keep looking away.)

10. Colts (this show gets better every time I see it... and.. i think they will potentially place ahead of Bluestars)

11. Troopers (i have the small version of this wind chime in the backyard...it is pretty cool)  Perc is so good this year...   Trooper is another corp placing a little higher than they would normally simply due to SCV being out. 

12. Blue Knights / Pacific Crest (possibly Troopers)   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, iggymen said:

11. Troopers (i have the small version of this wind chime in the backyard...it is pretty cool)  Perc is so good this year...   Trooper is another corp placing a little higher than they would normally simply due to SCV being out. 

You gonna paint the bowls with gold on the appropriate parts to make it have that effect now? 😉

nah.. for real it is to keep some of the wild life out of our backyard... whenever possible.  we have little killers in this house that like to go after anything..and it works most of the time.  this is what it looks like... several in our nbrhood

New Anti-Rust Magical Metal Windmill-Kinetic Metal Wind Spinners

Edited by iggymen

3 minutes ago, craiga said:

I still believe that the final order in Indy will be Boston, BD,  and Bloo.

What I would be interested to know, and I'm admittedly too lazy to figure this out myself is - When is the last time BD beat a corps by 1.5 points at their first meeting and lost to them at finals? It's probably 2008. I just think 1.5 is an insurmountable spread for anyone to conquer when it comes to BD.

I wanted Vanguard to win so bad in 2017 and they were behind BD by mere tenths, and occasionally less than a tenth, all season, and could never beat them.

I would love to see finals be 1) Bluecoats/Boston, 2) Boston/Bluecoats/Crown, 3) Crown/Boston and 4) BD, but I just think BD is going to win out.

Edited by Vuitton

11 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

What I would be interested to know, and I'm admittedly too lazy to figure this out myself is - When is the last time BD beat a corps by 1.5 points at their first meeting and lost to them at finals? It's probably 2008. I just think 1.5 is an insurmountable spread for anyone to conquer when it comes to BD.

I wanted Vanguard to win so bad in 2017 and they were behind BD by mere tenths, and occasionally less than a tenth, all season, and could never beat them.

I would love to see finals be 1) Bluecoats/Boston, 2) Boston/Bluecoats/Crown, 3) Crown/Boston and 4) BD, but I just think BD is going to win out.

You are asking for statistics that only the guys at ESPN can figure out. 😉

I don't think 1.5 pts is insurmountable. I do, however, believe BD was more than 1.5 pts better than BAC last night. But I also only saw it on Flo, and you know how that goes. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 1.5 pts with a month left is nothing, especially when you consider BAC's travel and performing in the altitude. We will see what happens in Broken Arrow... That will be a much better measure for the top 4.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

1.5 points spread out over all the captions ends up being only a couple tenths per caption, which is completely doable. Yes, BD is very strong in all areas, but underestimate Boston's abilities to catch at your own peril. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

You are asking for statistics that only the guys at ESPN can figure out. 😉

I don't think 1.5 pts is insurmountable. I do, however, believe BD was more than 1.5 pts better than BAC last night. But I also only saw it on Flo, and you know how that goes. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 1.5 pts with a month left is nothing, especially when you consider BAC's travel and performing in the altitude. We will see what happens in Broken Arrow... That will be a much better measure for the top 4.

It wouldn't be that hard to figure out. Fromthepressbox could help with that, but I don't have the time or will to look it up. I'm pretty sure it was 2008 since BD didn't beat the Cadets by 1.5 or more in 2011, nor Crown in 2013, Bluecoats in 2016 or Vanguard in 2018.

I think it is in insermountable margin when it's BD that's holding that margin on you. Boston only beat them in VP Acheivement and Colorguard Acheivement. Achievement, not content. To me it is entirely impossible for Boston to turn that around.