2023 Season Predictions

13 hours ago, Vuitton said:

Well, I'd love for Boston to win. It's always so exciting when we have a new champion and it just rarely happens. It'll be an interesting race between Boston, Bloo and Crown. 

Boston's guard is worth a Boston so for me alone. So fun to watch.

what I took away from watching boston's show on video was that it looked to me like a design that a small to midsize corps staff  would create that was being performed by a top corps.  just doesn't seem to have enough to keep up.  That all could change when I see it live and get a different read, but that's the take I got from the video

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bluecoats88 said:

when they move they are running to a new spot.  when they play difficult musical parts they stand still, and when they are marching and playing it seems like they are moving in half time to the music.  looks very slow and boring when I watched it.  I know that should change when I see it live, but it doesn't change the fact that they are running more than marching, and only move when playing basic parts and nothing overly difficult.

This tired old complaint has been disproven multiple times on this website by people who actually put in the effort to time the shows.  If you have data to back up your assertions, i would love to see it.  And a comparison to Bluecoats would be even more effective.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, DWW11 said:

This tired old complaint has been disproven multiple times on this website by people who actually put in the effort to time the shows.  If you have data to back up your assertions, i would love to see it.  And a comparison to Bluecoats would be even more effective.

It was just an observation of what I saw while watching the show.  watch the show and tell me I'm wrong.  I usually like what BD puts out,  but I feel this show is lacking, but then again I have not seen it live yet so that opinion may change.  

7 minutes ago, bluecoats88 said:

when they move they are running to a new spot.  when they play difficult musical parts they stand still, and when they are marching and playing it seems like they are moving in half time to the music.  looks very slow and boring when I watched it.  I know that should change when I see it live, but it doesn't change the fact that they are running more than marching, and only move when playing basic parts and nothing overly difficult.

I stopped considering that to a great extent in regards to scoring. It's still part of the content, but not  state of the art now.  I think they demonstrate it (or not) and move to the next skill/achievement. 

• Like 2

Just now, bluecoats88 said:

It was just an observation of what I saw while watching the show.  watch the show and tell me I'm wrong.  I usually like what BD puts out,  but I feel this show is lacking, but then again I have not seen it live yet so that opinion may change.  

I HAVE watched the show.  Many times, from multiple angles. 

FYI- i have no problem with people who see things differently.  Just with people who spout opinion as fact.  

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, bluecoats88 said:

Observe all corps the same way because they all do it...A LOT. Every corps will march and play during parts of their show, run during parts of their show, do body movements and dance during parts of their show, and stand still during parts of their show. This is nothing new and it's been working fine for everyone, otherwise they wouldn't all be doing it.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, bluecoats88 said:

It won't change when you see it live. 

I discovered last year that I am much more impressed with early season BD because they are so clean and good out the gate than finals week BD when most of the top 25 has cleaned and built on their shows. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

It won't change when you see it live.

That's what I thought - until I saw it live. Multiple posters have remarked on how the streams and videos cannot capture BD or Mandarins this year and how their jaws dropped on seeing these corps live. IYKYK. There does seem to be something off about Flo streams from California this year. It might be worth keeping an open mind until seeing all the shows live. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1