2023 Season Predictions

19 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

So on the non off topic predictions thread I've seen a couple people say Blue Stars over crown. Now I don't think that's possible and would eat a hat if it happens but who knows the last time that happened. Would it be Div 2 days? I miss the old head to head website BK had. 

Blue Stars have beaten every other currently touring corps at some point in history, but not Carolina Crown... not even in the lower divisions in the 1990s.

• Like 2

What do y'all think the chances are of crown snagging gold on the 10-year anniversary of "E=Mc2." Just thought that their show was by far the cleanest I've seen this early in the season and BD's show however clean and spectacular they make it seems kinda dumb and unlikeley they'd get a threepeat. Thoughts?

1.  Blue Devils

2.  Carolina Crown

3.  Boston Crusaders

4.  Bluecoats

5.  Cadets

6.  Blue Stars

7.  Cavaliers

8.  Mandarins

9.  Phantom Regiment

10.  Crossmen

11.  Troopers

12.  Colts

• Like 4

On 6/27/2023 at 12:40 PM, Cappybara said:

Based off of nothing but hopium and a bit of gut feeling

1. Blue Devils

2. Carolina Crown

3. Bluecoats

4. Boston Crusaders

5. Phantom Regiment

6. Cadets

7. Cavaliers

8. Blue Stars

9. Troopers

10. Mandarins

11. Colts

12. Blue Knights 

Last season, I made an addendum to my predictions as soon as I got a chance to see BD's show at the beginning of the season as seen below. It turned out to be correct. I am making the same addendum to my prediction for this season 😉

mEbx9Sl.png

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 11:31 AM, Adonis249 said:

What do y'all think the chances are of crown snagging gold on the 10-year anniversary of "E=Mc2." Just thought that their show was by far the cleanest I've seen this early in the season and BD's show however clean and spectacular they make it seems kinda dumb and unlikeley they'd get a threepeat. Thoughts?

Crowns my favorite corps. They have my favorite show for 2023...they meet bac and bloo for the first time tonight. I think they'll be 3rd and am not worried. I believe they'll surge up mid to late season much like they did in 2015. But...I'm not sure they'll take the title. They have so much potential to grow compared to last year. This show feels much more serious and if they tweak and clean it anything is possible. I'm keeping my thoughts about bloo and bac to myself because it will be picked apart and end up being quoted and saying how wrong I am about them. Imo, Crown will medal. They've been in 4th since 2018 so everyone seems to expect them to stay there, but not me. Everyone also goes on about their percussion holding then back but GE has been a factor as well.  This show already has better GE than last year and I expect they're gunna just build on that.

Edited by WildcatMello
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1