Carolina Crown 2023

7 hours ago, Sensioto said:

I have never heard a DCI crowd as excited and loud as I did at NightBEAT 2015 when Crown finished their show with the golden flyover. Granted, I have only been to NightBEAT since 2010, CrownBEAT in 2019, and the DCI East Celebration in Allentown, PA in 2021. 

This. Gawd yes, this. I, too, was in attendance in ‘15 @ WFU (1st season of NightBEAT venue relocation from ALMS/Charlotte), and as Dennis DeLucia was famous for saying “ The crowd is [was] electric!!”

Crown was nipped by BD that night, but BB&T stadium—as was named then—collectively lost it’s mind that Sunday night👑🎺🥁

6 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I’m confident the team they have can look back at what Crown’s identity was and look around the activity and learn how a rolled out reveal and layer works. 

They’re some of the best in the business 

I'm not as confident as you are with this current design team, especially the visual team, IMO. You can see what Tyler has done for the guard and the new percussion staff (jackson & shah) is a change they needed. Music and guard isn't the issue, GE & visual is what is keeping them in 4th so let's see what changes they can/will make over the next 3 weeks. 

• Like 1

This may not be the year the new new design team get but the design talent is there.  And the talent in the members is there.  And the skeleton is one they can definitely build on.   I'm still excited to see what they do with it.   

• Like 3

Wah!!!! (don't like Snooki). I have to go to dinner so am probably going to miss tonight.

Do it up Crown, Bluecoats and Regiment!!!!

16 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

Wah!!!! (don't like Snooki). I have to go to dinner so am probably going to miss tonight.

Do it up Crown, Bluecoats and Regiment!!!!

We’ll let you know how they do! Eat well

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

We saw 2015 live in Massillon and my husband says it's the best DCI show he has seen live and his favorite show of all time. He marched (not Crown) in 01.

2015 is one of those special shows that will go down on history as one of the best shows that didn’t win. 

^^^^^YES. A MILLION TIMES YES!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All this Inferno chatter inspired me to go back for a long overdue rewatch. 

Had forgotten the sheer, overwhelming power of the opener. Just a sonic wall of drum corps bliss.

Maybe 2nd place in ‘15, but forever #1 in this Crownie’s heart ♥️👑

Here’s to a monster run this evening. Off tomorrow, so I’m going the distance tonight!!

Edited by nsxanax
Redundancy
  • Like 2