Carolina Crown 2023

7 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

The crown logo for this year with the sword definitely lends itself to a set in the drill…

Yea, and there better be some decals and such with that logo as part of the buffet table swag at NB!!

We are.  Because 1) J Brooks, 2) They weren't as dialed in as last run to be honest. I think the young line had a bit of dome jitters. 3) Percussion is just topsy turvey as heck this year with lines fielding lines that punch way above their corps' weight class.  

• Thanks 1

Yeah, it's not all on Brooks of course, but there's a pattern with him like there is with some others.  I'm less that "he doesn't like Crown" and more "he's not a fan of the approach to doing percussion that Crown is bringing".  There's a variety of approaches right now in percussion and its a transition from the "traditional drum solo ramming" standard,  Judges are still figuring out how to apply the sheets to styles that do more integrative approaches.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

Yeah, but I’ve never been a fan of judge blaming… if they are a true unbiased adjudicator, then they should have no preconceived biases or notions that affect their scoring. I don’t deny that there are standout lines, but it’s just disappointing to see that. Hope they can hack it and get it clean. 

Yeah I never blame a judge. Every judge calls it how they see it, regardless of what some people may think. I’ve said it before, some judges are going to credit and be much more receptive to this line than others. It’s just the nature of this style as it’s not “traditional” at all. Last night, Crown was only 0.2 pts behind Cavaliers, tonight that gap was over a point. Some of that is just pure numbers management but the rest is judge/performance.

• Like 2

Crown keep your chin up. At the start of the season i wasn't sure about the show if i like it or not. I can say without a doubt i am sold on it, and more than last season which i really didn't like. The show is strong but it can improve in my honest opinion. I actually think i understand the arrangement of the music, it's not the best from crown, but it feels very story telling the way it's written. Yes the show is a story telling show, but how the music plays into it also tells a story. However i think there is a lot more could have been done to create the crownlike excitement and drama that this year seem to lack for me, like phantom 2008 story character driven show. All the best onward.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DCIFan2022 said:

So proud of Crown! Keep going, you got this!!! You performed so well tonight! 

They did. Crown is on their way.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

I’m going to go ahead and call it for the season. Turns out I know little to nothing about anything about this activity. I know I won’t be missed. Good luck, Crown!

Between you and Gramps, I’m beginning to wonder just how thick skinned the fans are of Crown 🙂

• Like 1