Carolina Crown 2023

5 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Wait, it wasn’t because of my suggestion yesterday?

Those guys at FJM had to have done a mad one to deliver that in a day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Yeah, it's not all on Brooks of course, but there's a pattern with him like there is with some others.  I'm less that "he doesn't like Crown" and more "he's not a fan of the approach to doing percussion that Crown is bringing".  There's a variety of approaches right now in percussion and its a transition from the "traditional drum solo ramming" standard,  Judges are still figuring out how to apply the sheets to styles that do more integrative approaches.  

Brooks doesn’t like modern percussion books, I swear he ignores front ensemble entirely 

7 hours ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

I was unfortunately not able to watch most of SA tonight because I went to see Oppenheimer. Did Crown add anything new tonight or the same show as the past two nights?

You buried your own lead, and while it’s waaay off topic, how’d you like Oppenheimer?

11 hours ago, Sensioto said:

I’m going to go ahead and call it for the season. Turns out I know little to nothing about anything about this activity. I know I won’t be missed. Good luck, Crown!

So you're calling it because Crown is going to place 4th again this year? I don't think you Crown fans realize how many corps would kill to be as good as Crown and place as high as them, and how many of us alumni would kill to have our corps be as good as Crown and place as high as them.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, GraysonHarris said:

Between you and Gramps, I’m beginning to wonder just how thick skinned the fans are of Crown 🙂

Gramps could sure dish it, but he couldn't take it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I loved the show last night. I love this show. To me, it doesn't matter where they place. Blue Devils are going to win. Second place is just the first loser, so we're all going to be losers together 🙂

11 hours ago, TOC said:

All judges for three nights have a say on the trophy.

Wasn’t talking specifically about the Sanford. Just finals night has the emotion and intensity that the other nights don’t have so it’s always a little something more on finals. Should be a special night with so many great groups battling it out. Decent chance the Sanford is completely up in the air until that night too…so it honestly might all just come down to the judge on finals.

• Like 1