Carolina Crown 2023

1 hour ago, Barneveld said:

Looking in as an outsider, I've actually found it to be less mean spirited and snarky this year. But that's jmho.

Yes and there has been far less outside CrownTown pot stirring. Let’s hope it stays that way. 

There are some banned members too. 

Edited by BWise
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BWise said:

Yes and there has been far less outside CrownTown pot stirring. Let’s hope it stays that way. 

There are some banned members too. 

And there are some banned members who have made a new account and are posting in this very thread 🙂 

• Like 1

So I’ve had to marinate and cogitate on this .. and I might change my mind. 

If it can’t be Crown .. I’ll go with BAC .. 

Bloo is a rerun.
Devils are formulaic.

At least you get a big fat Crown flyover in the BAC show and it’s just more digestible and frankly enjoyable.  But still have high hopes for Crown. It’s a great show that is only getting better ..

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Crown will be just fine. As long as the staff continues tweaking, this show has so much more potential than last year. The brass scores are a head scratcher for me, but I have only been listening to them on Flo. To me, they seem like a 2nd place line at the worst

I’m glad they’re adding some more clarity to the “story,” I think they’ll get rewarded more and more on the GE side once those elements are added. 

This show’s a special one, I’m rooting for them to grab atleast a medal 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

And there are some banned members who have made a new account and are posting in this very thread 🙂 

Yeah .. if you want to do it that badly .. I don’t even know what to say. Perverse? 

1 minute ago, BWise said:

Yeah .. if you want to do it that badly .. I don’t even know what to say. Perverse? 

Oh, one or two of them are beloved crown honks. Won’t name any names of course 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vuitton said:

It's all realtive. When you're the one who is below 4th, 4th is a huge success. Do you really think the members of Crown think 4th would be a failure?

Yes and no. They are competitive so that part of them will always want the gold! Anything less than that is "failure" in a sense. But 4th this year almost makes it seem like Crown is stagnant but they definitely aren't. They have arguably gotten better each year from 2017 even if the placements don't necessarily say that. 4th this year is definitely not a failure for whoever ends up there.

• Like 2

I really hope Jeff Brooks is not the finals judge. Crown went from beating Bluecoats twice in a row in percussion and beating Blue Devils in percussion achievement... Just to get eighth in achievement under Mandarins. While I am sure such a young line may have off nights, such a drastic drop is more of a sign that there is a huge bias in how Brooks likes his books. I am wondering if the more aleatoric and legato passages are to blame.

Edited by Sholeo
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Sholeo said:

I really hope Jeff Brooks is not the finals judge. Crown went from beating Bluecoats twice in a row on percussion and beating Blue Devils in percussion achievement... Just to get eighth in achievement under Mandarins. While I am sure such a young line may have off nights, such a drastic drop is more of a sign that there is a huge bias in how Brooks likes his books. I am wondering if the more aleatoric and legato passages are to blame.

Umm and have a score downgrade from the night before. And with those kinds of swings .. how do you even make corrections or what do you do with the adjudication comments? 

• Like 1