Carolina Crown 2023

4 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

I was just having this conversation with a friend of mine. The judges are splitting hairs at this point. It's going to come down to taste and preference at finals.

It's funny cause Cavaliers and Crown have been BY FAR the biggest topics of discussion this year with my percussion group chat (usually it's SCV and BD honestly). Cavies for just how good they've been (we knew they could be that good but impressed they actually got that good) and Crown for just how divisive the book is amongst us all. The more traditional fans aren't a big fan, while the rest of us see they have the content but it just has to be clean as hell to have a chance against some crazy good books this year. Free advertising for the Aged Out podcast guys on Youtube (Michael and Evan) as they just covered a Crown lot and Mike in particular did a great job of breaking down the Jackson book and style and what judges might be struggling with. These guys put out great content honestly, highly recommend for anyone looking for some percussion stuff to watch. But I've said it sooooo many times this season, what a year for percussion!

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, karuna said:

þū eart gōd hǣse. þū scealt nū wunian!

mom come get me, i’m scared. they’re casting spells on Crown thread again

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

My biggest wow is J. Kennedy giving crown a 9.8 in Cont and a 9.7 in Ach. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, karuna said:

Wowza -- DRUMS 2ND!!!!

Way to go CrownDrums!!!

I was there, crown brass was on fire.  The cleanest I’ve heard from them, way better than at nightbeat.  Both Boston and Crown got a huge crowd reaction.  I don’t know much about percussion but I could tell they were cleaner than at nightbeat.  Boston guard was unbelievable, that was the (small) difference tonight.   

Overall it was a great night, the weather was perfect and the shows were awesome.  

• Like 5

Just got back to the hotel and I'm still in awe!  Three things though:

1.  It definitely feels like there is more in store for the ending.  I'm very much looking forward to Indy now!

2.  Boston's guard is back to their normal form (I feel like before *Atlanta* they seemed to be trying to find their footing).  Further, the 2nd flyover with the blue fabric creates awesome "sea reclaiming the dead" effect.  Crown's design team has their work cut out for them to top Boston for a shot at a medal.

3.  I feel like the spread with BD is getting compressed just because there is less room for scores to go up.  Their show didn't seem as clean as a normal BD show usually is.  You know they will fix that by finals, so take that in consideration as well.

Edited by ShortyRock
Typed wrong regional
  • Like 1

woah. Not only was the brass feature jn movement two cleaner and LOUDER, they changed it even more! Wow! 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, skevinp said:

Wait, you’re that Vuitton?

Hahaha. I wish! I’m just a fan.

7 hours ago, Ranitidin said:

I had my nap(s) earlier today so I am hopeful that I can pull an all-nighter for this one hahahaha. Enjoy Paris! 

Go Crown!

I don’t know how you do it. It’s too bad there can’t be more replays with sound.