Carolina Crown 2023

5 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

I bet it’s a mix of the two honestly. Some will just not like the show which is fine. Others still have recency bias of Crown being in 4th over and over again so they just go to that I think. I remember a lot of people saying this was Boston’s best corps ever (I actually agree) and they find themselves in 4th… just shows how good this top 4 is this year. 

There is a third option. I REALLY disliked Crown’s show last year and any comment i made that was critical got me branded a basher. And i bashed back a bit. I never bashed the corps kids, just some posters here. They would ask what I didn’t like, and when i told them, i was labeled a hater. 

the show this year is like knight and day (see what i did there?).  It helps that i am a fool for the arthurian legends. But it’s the first crown show i have seen in a long while where everything makes sense and works together. And the kids perform it well. 

so some of us aren’t really haters. We just know what we like (or don’t like).

great job tonight. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

My whole theatre lit up when the entire time specially when they hit they crown set and pulled the purple fabric. Such a great run and I know they have more in them the next 2 days!

• Like 2

Crownies must be very happy of the result tonight, GE music judge that gave them first happens to be one of my past HS band directors, every time I see his name on the sheets, usually music analysis, music GE, i know he will have a pretty favorable opinion for Crown🫡

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

Thanks. I love Crown this year. Honestly, I just don't know what to expect of the judges with regards to them. Last year, hated the show, was glad they were 4th. But as much as I'm a Vanguard fan (more than Crown) I thought they were going to beat Vanguard in 2019. 

2018, SCV’s hornline sent me to another plane of existence, haven’t had that replicated since live with any corps so I am indebted to them🙏🫡

while this corps isn’t as powerful as I imagine 2012-14 Crown was, never saw them live, I did appreciate all the little snippets and bits that you heard that remind you of ‘12-‘13 and ‘15-‘16 when I heard them live. Couldn’t say that about last year AT ALL…that’s the difference this year with Crown, plus I think the show subject is catered for them, the uniforms are quite cool, etc. etc. haha

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, WildcatMello said:

I don't buy crowns guard took 4th...but that's what the recap says. Super pleased with the brass score.

It’s definitely not because they aren’t great. Just some tiny but consistent inconsistencies, no big errors. They rocked it overall though, I’m happy for CrownGuard this year. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

It’s definitely not because they aren’t great. Just some tiny but consistent inconsistencies, no big errors. They rocked it overall though, I’m happy for CrownGuard this year. 

It has to be the inconsistencies because I thought they were better than bloos guard and yet bloo scored higher.

• Like 3

Great run last night. I’m disappointed that some of the transitions between formations aren’t as clean as they could be. Like when they go into the sword, there’s always a prolonged curved line at the point that stands out me every time. 

Super proud of Crown.  It’s a deserving production of second. 

Wow!  Here we go. Just a fantastic run last night. Show looks SO much better when I don’t have to fixate on the vacancies!  The sound was amazing as always. Everyone is on fire!  Way to go CROWN!!❤️

• Like 2