Carolina Crown 2023

Just now, Grandpa Joe said:

The faith hath been losteth. 

Really, I'm just not sure how to feel right now. Like nsxanax said, it's hard to stay positive season after season of the same results.

Oh no it's not.   I'll buy you a round of therapy :beer: at NightBEAT and you'll see all is right with the world.

• Like 1

Just listened to the show again, and you can hear some not-so-clean things tonight. Especially with their double tonguing in the 4th movement. When that is your hardest and most technical movement, it needs to be super clean to drive up the content and achievement scores. Crown does have a man named Matt Harloff so I am not worried about it getting cleaned up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

The faith hath been losteth. 

Really, I'm just not sure how to feel right now. Like nsxanax said, it's hard to stay positive season after season of the same results.

Take away the scores and I don't know many people that are disappointed with Crown this year. I don't let the judges decide for me on what I think of a show. Would I like Crown to win on finals night? Of course! But that's more of a bonus for me. Any other placement at finals literally doesn't matter anyways because you aren't getting that encore run or just title of being the champion. But if placements do matter, I don't know anyone that thinks Crown is leaving the top echelon of DCI anytime soon so why the negativity?

The next show you go to in person, leave before scores are announced and don't check your phone or anything to see the scores. Just discuss with your friends or family about the night and shows and don't check the scores until the next morning or later even. You'll be amazed how much more enjoyment you'll get when the scores are an afterthought. If you haven't done it before, try it.

• Like 3