Carolina Crown 2023

53 minutes ago, DCIFan2022 said:

My friend @craiga you were right about the herald trumpets!!!!

Hmmm....I wonder where they came from....

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MPutnam said:

It would be difficult to do.

1. The source material is so diverse and much of it is from genres that Crown really hasn’t explored in the past. I think it will pay off for them!

2. The percussion / electronic / brass integration is on a level we have never seen from Crown. The brass is amazing - but all the sections are performing at the brass line level and the book was written to feature this. It is a very cohesive musical design.

3. The show has a well defined story arc. It’s not a concept anyone is going to struggle to grasp. That is a good thing.

If you liked “Inferno” you will be very happy with the vibe of this show - which is going to be on a whole new level in every aspect.

I hope you are right. Inferno is the last show for me that has have a championship show design and this show will have to jump Blue Devils, Boston & Blue Coats.

1 hour ago, craiga said:

Hmmm....I wonder where they came from....

Maybe Little Jeffrey had a garage sale?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, DCIFan2022 said:

guard lookin good!! 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

guard lookin good!! 

I’ve seen some previous vid cuts, and that particular aspect stood out to me as well. SF1128 has proven to be an astute observer in the past of all things corps.

In which case I second his comment, with a bit more confidence that it’s based a little less on my admittedly biased, CrownHONKERISM😉!

GO CROWN!!

Edited by nsxanax
  • Like 3

On 6/5/2023 at 1:20 PM, karuna said:

“The throne represents his kingdom, the roundtable itself represents all of Camelot, the crown represents his authority, the sword represents his skill,” Subel said. “These props are utilized by different people at different times to portray those different components.”

It's certainly nothing to balk at. This is from a public account by the MM I know, let me know if you need me to take it down but I don't think it counts as s a leak. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, resipsaloquitur said:

It's certainly nothing to balk at. This is from a public account by the MM I know, let me know if you need me to take it down but I don't think it counts as s a leak. 

Tweet reads:  "Heavy" :biggrin:

More photos with details that aren't leaks:

Concert euphonium solo:

rmWR4qE.jpg

Concert horn solo:

h9uXpPR.jpg

Edited by karuna
  • Like 4