Phantom Regiment 2023

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

Why hello.  Gonna pull for this show all summer. 

Period!!!

57 minutes ago, PRomoter said:

Reminds me of 1993. They just sounded so different that year from what they had done previously, yet it was still a classic sounding Phantom Show. This is not the music I prefer, but it is definitely Phantom, and it is definitely highly competitive with the other pre-season performances I’ve seen out of the top corps this week on YouTube. 

It really does seem like a change in trajectory the way that 1993 was - not just competitively but a fresh new design. (Though I'd argue they've been trying to pull off "fresh" since 2017 but haven't had the design team to do it right).

Edited by kdaddy
  • Like 2

Phantom Regiment has a wonderful show! New, fresh music, nice visual package and the performance captions all seem like they will be strong. Entertaining and competitive. This show should clean nicely this summer. I loved last year's show too, but this one already has me excited to see how well they can clean this. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Michael Cesario. That look is truly stunning! Just gorgeous. Kudos to your first competition of the season. 
SUTA!

• Like 2

I gotta admit, I’m a bit confused where this idea that this show doesn’t have a lot of growth potential is coming from? Unless I just missed whole sections of the show, there was plenty of evidence that the show as it is right now is the foundation for whatever it’s going to be in August. Be it choreography, music, drill, etc., it seems to me that it’s been created in a way that it’d be easy to change or add on things later on into the season. I think some people are just shocked about how starkly different this is from Phantom’s normal style (and even last year’s show), so that’s how they’re grappling with it? Idk. How is everyone viewing this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, college-phan said:

I gotta admit, I’m a bit confused where this idea that this show doesn’t have a lot of growth potential is coming from? Unless I just missed whole sections of the show, there was plenty of evidence that the show as it is right now is the foundation for whatever it’s going to be in August. Be it choreography, music, drill, etc., it seems to me that it’s been created in a way that it’d be easy to change or add on things later on into the season. I think some people are just shocked about how starkly different this is from Phantom’s normal style (and even last year’s show), so that’s how they’re grappling with it? Idk. How is everyone viewing this?

Don’t let stupid people confuse you. Remember, 99% of people on here have little clue what they are talking about.

Of course there is tons of growth potential with this show.

Edited by DudleytheWest
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, PRomoter said:

Was so excited to re-up my Flo Marching subscription last night. My wife rolled her eyes. “You are so weird. August can’t come too soon.”

This is my spouse as well. 😂

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, DudleytheWest said:

Don’t let stupid people confuse you. Remember, 99% of people on here have little clue what they are talking about.

Of course there is tons of growth potential with this show.

Agreed. There is a lot. I will say that Stars might have had a tad more growth potential with what we saw tonight. But that's my opinion and shows will change 25 times by August anyway. It's too hard to judge this early. I dig the show. A lot.

Had a tiny bit of phasing from the front ensemble at one point but VASTLY better than last year. The battery is young and PR needs to rethink the battery tuning I feel. The bass drums were completely lost in the rest of the battery, snares sounded great at the edge but the open notes sounded wet. Tenors seemed quiet. 

Hornline sounded great. I liked the contra feature but wished it were a tad louder. Some clearly great moments and parts that WILL be moments from that hornline. Very mature.

Guard. Holy %&^# where have YOU cats been hiding at?? Some REALLY cool guard moments. For once I will agree that the guard uniforms struck me as blah and I do see were people are saying they disappear. 

I dig that you're using the props and much better than in past years. I really want to see some color on those ramp/flower petal/leftovers from the set of the movie "Contact" thingies.

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 2

I think there is a ton of room for changes and improvement in the last minute of the show. Can't wait to see what this looks like in August!