Blue Devils in the Details 2023

Nearly breaking 90 on July 15th. 

Not my favorite BD show in the past 15 years, but certainly one of the most impressive ones I've ever seen, well deserved!

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 2

I'm baffled by BD. How is it possible to be this good? I mean Crown, Bluecoats and Boston are all incredible this year, yet BD is just on another level. It's just - wow! I'm almost speachless after what I saw tonight.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rylan said:

No visible or aural changes to the show from what I can tell from tonight (DATR). But much cleaner!

Did I miss any changes, if any? 

I saw some drumline formation changes. They now do a full 360 spin during the drum feature in the middle. Visually it does the trick for me although not a drummer.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rylan said:

No visible or aural changes to the show from what I can tell from tonight (DATR). But much cleaner!

Did I miss any changes, if any? 

I noticed some new drill ideas in the fugue section of “Incidents in Jazz,” starting from how the sops and mellos reemerge in the new uniform. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is what I've been saying for the last week. BD is going to be 1, 2 in most if not all captions this season. They are just not beatable. 

People have said its too early to make that claim. It's not. We're talking about BD here. We're talking about a corps that is built to win. A corps with the best talent in both staff and membership. A staff that knows how to design a winner and a membership that has the talent to execute that winner across all captions.

Unreal. Just unreal. 

• Like 1

Man I cannot believe I'm saying this, but I'm incredibly enamored with BD's show. It's absolutely fantastic. I haven't had a favorite BD show since Club Blue, A Gangster Chronicle. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Man I cannot believe I'm saying this, but I'm incredibly enamored with BD's show. It's absolutely fantastic. I haven't had a favorite BD show since Club Blue, A Gangster Chronicle. 

I hope you get to see this show in person.

You will be blown away.

Online does this show absolutely no justice.

• Like 2