Blue Devils in the Details 2023

1 minute ago, mboogey73 said:

I've tried to be optimistic about it, but the screamer doing the step up high notes while they're moving into the set for the big push in the ballad is not working. It's a distraction because it's very thin and shaky and takes away from the ensemble. If dude could nail it every time with some power it would be a different story, but that's not what's happening. Save that screamer for the very last note he hits, which is much more impactful.

Even if he were to nail those “step up” notes, I just don’t think it needs it. I do love when the two screamers take the octave up from the melody as it adds a different color for that phrase but the other stuff, I think is unnecessary. His last high note, however, would be amazing if he can hit it. This isn’t a knock on the screamer at all. They obviously trust him to do it. My concern is whether the arrangement even needs it. 

As Coco Chanel once said, after you’re done dressing, “look in the mirror and remove one accessory” because otherwise, there’s a chance you’ve added too many things.  

• Like 2

Congrats BD!!!

Differently from the strong field of performances, based on caption scoring lately, from my observation seems to determined on whose judging. Is that good or bad ? I don't know.

Not to concerned with the scores tonight. This tends to happen quite a bit around this time of tour where someone pulls up in BDs rear view mirror, the world gets excited, then BD steps on the gas. Gonna wait until Allentown, and then see if anyone is near them. 

We saw this last year about this time with BAC getting close.........2017 with SCV around ATL/Murfreesboro, I remember Crown got close around this time in 2012, maybe NightBeat............. heck even Cadets closed within a point of Felliniesque maybe around this time in 2014. 

If anyone is within a point after next Saturday in Allentown, then we got something. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Not to concerned with the scores tonight. This tends to happen quite a bit around this time of tour where someone pulls up in BDs rear view mirror, the world gets excited, then BD steps on the gas. Gonna wait until Allentown, and then see if anyone is near them. 

We saw this last year about this time with BAC getting close.........2017 with SCV around ATL/Murfreesboro, I remember Crown got close around this time in 2012, maybe NightBeat............. heck even Cadets closed within a point of Felliniesque maybe around this time in 2014. 

If anyone is within a point after next Saturday in Allentown, then we got something. 

Imo, there’s not a complete picture still. Bloo will join the rest of the top 4 again after a week away tomorrow(maybe🙏)which will be interesting! Considering the spot they are right now is pretty similar to last year, they could’ve made some gains in their time away and you know they can always make a late season push. Not talking about them topping BD, but adding Bloo back in just makes things more contested and hard to figure out😮

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 2

Tonight's scores made the season a bit more exciting for some, but I'm confident they'll remain undefeated in the end.

In Atlanta for work and catching the show tomorrow with some friends. Looking forward to seeing BD and PC live again, and finally getting a live read of most everyone else!!

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Not the least bit concerned. BD came in 3rd in GE with one judge, and was 3rd in colorguard. Despite all that Crusaders was only able to "close the gap" a minuscule amount.

We good. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

Tonight's scores made the season a bit more exciting for some, but I'm confident they'll remain undefeated in the end.

In Atlanta for work and catching the show tomorrow with some friends. Looking forward to seeing BD and PC live again, and finally getting a live read of most everyone else!!

Yeah. Hope you have a blast tomorrow

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mboogey73 said:

Not the least bit concerned. BD came in 3rd in GE with one judge, and was 3rd in colorguard. Despite all that Crusaders was only able to "close the gap" a minuscule amount.

We good. 

Even where they were third they still scored very close to the top.

17 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

Have a great time!

• Thanks 1