Blue Devils in the Details 2023

Now that they've been ironing out a lot of the balance issues in the ballad and the screamers are nailing their notes, this ballad is quickly rising to be one of my favorite BD ballads of all time. I seriously cannot get it out of my head at all 

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Now that they've been ironing out a lot of the balance issues in the ballad and the screamers are nailing their notes, this ballad is quickly rising to be one of my favorite BD ballads of all time. I seriously cannot get it out of my head at all 

It's really working for me too.  I'm gonna cry tomorrow I bet.

Moon River never got there for me.  I know what they were trying to do with it and that arrangement, it just never quite came together. 

Everything Must Change was amazing as a summer slow jam.  But for a slow and emotional ballad I'd have to go back to La Strada for me.  

But this arrangement of Both Sides Now has a delicacy to its power that is just wow.

• Like 3

Easily my favorite BD show EVER!  I have loved pretty much every show over the years, especially Metamorph, but this show grabs me in a completely different way.  Way more accessible than Felliniesque, IMHO. And i won’t get to see it live until Indy!  I doubt it can score better than a 99.65, but i DO think it will get close. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DWW11 said:

Easily my favorite BD show EVER!  I have loved pretty much every show over the years, especially Metamorph, but this show grabs me in a completely different way.  Way more accessible than Felliniesque, IMHO. And i won’t get to see it live until Indy!  I doubt it can score better than a 99.65, but i DO think it will get close. 

No secret I am a big BD fan, and this is shaping up to be one of my favorites too. Watching on Flo has never given me the same feels as my one live viewing but this weekend it started to get close. Hoping to see it four times in Indy but we will see. BD’s repertoire/content scores are looking very good mostly, and I have faith they will get VP back where it usually is. If they keep this up and peak at Finals, that would be fantastic night.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, lawdn said:

…and I have faith they will get VP back where it usually is. If they keep this up and peak at Finals, that would be fantastic night.

Any idea what happened last night that made their VP score lower than usual? To me, it looked pretty good on Flo. 🤷

1 hour ago, Rylan said:

Any idea what happened last night that made their VP score lower than usual? To me, it looked pretty good on Flo. 🤷

I have no idea BUT they looked tired. All smiles and showmanship but the sparkle seemed to be missing?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rylan said:

I only have a guess, which is they were a little off from the night before and were still working on integrating the changes being layered in, and that is where the dirt was. The guard did seem to have more drops than night before but not a lot. The parts that are clean look BD clean to me. Bluecoats are very strong in VP this year, looks like, as well as Crown, with BAC coming on strong.

Edited by lawdn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, lawdn said:

I only have a guess, which is they were a little off from the night before and were still working on integrating the changes being layered in, and that is where the dirt was. The guard did seem to have more drops than night before but not a lot. The parts that are clean look BD clean to me. Bluecoats are very strong in VP this year, looks like, as well as Crown, with BAC coming on strong.

Exposure...everything in BD's show this year is exposed. Meaning all phases pop out like no other.

• Like 3

I wasn’t too surprised at the VP placement. Again it’s not the ordinal but the score to be watching. 

As mentioned the show is super exposed and they didn’t seem quite as locked in as usual. The column on the 50 with the dance seemed fairly messy. It was little things from person to person but since it’s all out there and they’re not in lines, that exposes a lack of sync in the motions all the more. 

If they get that locked in as hard as the K-pop dance in Ink or last years opening, it’ll click. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DWW11 said:

I have no idea BUT they looked tired. All smiles and showmanship but the sparkle seemed to be missing?

3 high pressure shows over 3 nights, in 3 different states, with a new ending that was only just added. That’ll dim anyone’s sparkle! 😁

• Like 3