Blue Devils in the Details 2023

14 hours ago, NakedEye said:

There appears to be about 15 rolls worth of blue tape on the field, so you KNOW it is going to be clean! 😜

Wait! So they form the star out of nowhere, hold, then they march it at a diagonal while at the same time slowly collapsing the star. Then everybody starts doing different transitions, only to reform the star but with every member at a different position in the shape. And then they immediately continue marching the star diagonally (no X number of counts in a standstill) while simultaneously EXPANDING the star?

That’s ridiculously impressive to me. I enjoyed this part before but I hadn’t noticed that much intricacy!

Amazing!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jaylogan said:

Wait! So they form the star out of nowhere, hold, then they march it at a diagonal while at the same time slowly collapsing the star. Then everybody starts doing different transitions, only to reform the star but with every member at a different position in the shape. And then they immediately continue marching the star diagonally (no X number of counts in a standstill) while simultaneously EXPANDING the star?

That’s ridiculously impressive to me. I enjoyed this part before but I hadn’t noticed that much intricacy!

Amazing!

Yes it's really intricate, I love it. It just needed some cleaning which we know it's getting done for this finals weekend. I love Technical Blue Devils, they make me marvel in awe all the time.

Another quality i love about Blue Devils is their ability to make technical difficulties look simple and easy when they're not. Once they are performing to their highest and is super clean, they just moves like butter on the field.

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 6

57 minutes ago, WarriorWay said:

I feel like BD deserves this win, but incident in Jazz needs to be cleaner. It feels forced. If you listen to the 2010 recording on Spotify it doesn’t sound as clean as that 

I agree — but its gotten noticeably better every time and I think after this week it’s really about to rock. 

• Like 1

Is anyone here attending rehearsal tomorrow (8/10) morning? I know @Chief Guns is in Indy but will understandably be preoccupied with the Mandarins. 

I don’t necessarily need a play-by-play, just a general impression of cleanliness and/or any additions to the show.

I’m getting serious FOMO now. 💙

• Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 4:25 PM, NakedEye said:

There appears to be about 15 rolls worth of blue tape on the field, so you KNOW it is going to be clean! 😜

I saw blue tape on a BC field, as well, in a YT GoPro video.  Tape was used for routings/paths, rather than "spots"...like arches showing path to take.

Must be the latest teaching approach.

10 hours ago, Rylan said:

Is anyone here attending rehearsal tomorrow (8/10) morning? I know @Chief Guns is in Indy but will understandably be preoccupied with the Mandarins. 

I don’t necessarily need a play-by-play, just a general impression of cleanliness and/or any additions to the show.

I’m getting serious FOMO now. 💙

Yep, I’m here in Indy.  Gonna grab some breakfast then head to BD rehearsal.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Metalbinky said:

Yep, I’m here in Indy.  Gonna grab some breakfast then head to BD rehearsal.  

can’t wait to hear about it