Blue Devils in the Details 2023

I think I watched BD on flo once, maybe twice, all summer. Then three nights in Indy. Loved it.

I then listened to it several times in a row while working today. Love it musically. 

No point to this story tbh other than to say that, while I'm in the "if another corps has a chance of winning, I'd prefer it," I loved 2023 BD. 

• Like 5

On 8/13/2023 at 9:28 PM, NakedEye said:

I may have just watched “not” the show 6 times in a row. Seeing something new each time. There are so many tiny choreographic moments everywhere that fly by. I was likely too busy screaming when it was live to fully appreciate how epic that run was. My goodness...THE GUARD.

All sections were probably about as spotless as is possible to make them. Simply amazing!

I agree. I watched the multicam view of the encore and was simply blown away. It's just next level stuff. Let's face it, they would have scored a 99+ had their not been two corps with section strength comparable or better. That being Cavaliers percussion and Crown's brass. That held them back a few tics, otherwise that show could have been a 99.15 or so. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jwillis35 said:

I agree. I watched the multicam view of the encore and was simply blown away. It's just next level stuff. Let's face it, they would have scored a 99+ had their not been two corps with section strength comparable or better. That being Cavaliers percussion and Crown's brass. That held them back a few tics, otherwise that show could have been a 99.15 or so. 

The high cam version may or may not be out there now...  It's also a 🤯

• Like 2

I wish i had video if the semi final run. I was not at all happy with the Flo video of finals.  

boop.

I have now gone ahead and isolated Both Sides Now from my audio pull from a recipe from the Allentown cookbook and am listening on a loop much like I did "Everything Must Change"

I'm in a good place.

• Like 3