Blue Devils in the Details 2023

7 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

The Final Boss has announced their 2023 show. 

Let's get that three-peat!!!

Do it up Devils!!!!!

Save the best for last of course!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Holy cow! I called it! Score one for the Chief! 

You did. I don't think I came close. I think I was faked out by the one quote on Instagram. Not that I care because this show sounds Fantastic! Love the music choices and I can't wait to see what the Blue Devils and their staff do with this. Exciting for sure! 

• Like 4

So "The jojo's Adventure" rumors were true but not the main theme as i was led to believe.. This repertoire is really great and exciting! 

Have to say that this season is giving  THE VIBES; EXCEPTIONAL!  It Really is. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FinanceBuzz said:

Just pulled up the charts that I could on Apple Music and...WOW. this could be a good show muscially! That ballad already has me....it could be their best one since 2017. Normally, it takes me to around DCI Southwest to really connect to a show. Might not take that long this summer! I'm already excited! Threepeat! GO DEVS!!

Note: I finally read the description. I am not a huge art person and don't usually pay a ton of attention to the art description of these shows. But after reading their show summary, I did some Googling. Turns out I am planning to be in Paris on vacation this summer and am planning to visit the Pompidou Centre where they have the BLUE Nude II which is a Cut-Out painting! Oh, what timing for that! I still won't know much about the piece of art, but I can appreciate its connection to the Devils!

They did do their 2016 show based on a particular painting. This one sounds a bit more comprehensive. I have to say I love the Grand Canyon Fanfare. I'm sure another corp did this in the past but that fanfare is very drumcorpish style.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FinanceBuzz said:

Save the best for last of course!

Crown and Bloo announced??? I must of missed it

12 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Crown and Bloo announced??? I must of missed it

I think he meant this show will win BD their 3peat because THEY saved their best show of the last 3 years for last. 

8 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

I think he meant this show will win BD their 3peat because THEY saved their best show of the last 3 years for last. 

Maybe?? But why phrase it as “Last”? Kind of awkward. Easier and more to the point if he just said “could be their best show of the 3 years”

• Like 1