The Cavaliers 2023

3 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Classy theme and image.

• Like 1

...so I see the imagery in the announcement; I see Rainbow being in there. My guess would be some Bully. I'm sure this show has been carefully thought out for a while, and they've got some great arrangers in there. We're going to have a great music book.

What does anyone else think could be played here? What would fit the theme "Where you'll Find Me"? 

Somewhere over the Rainbow...

Where the Streets Have No Name

One Night in Bangkock ( from Chess).

ChatGPT has this to say:

The theme "Where You'll Find Me" could refer to different contexts, such as finding oneself, finding a loved one, finding solace, or finding a place of belonging. Therefore, here are some song recommendations that could fit this theme in various ways:

1. "I Will Follow You into the Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie
  2. "Lost in Japan" by Shawn Mendes
  3. "Home" by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
  4. "Here Comes the Sun" by The Beatles
  5. "Where the Streets Have No Name" by U2
  6. "I'm Still Standing" by Elton John
  7. "The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World
  8. "Roar" by Katy Perry
  9. "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley
  10. "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

These are just a few examples, but there are countless songs that could fit the theme "Where You'll Find Me" depending on the intended meaning and mood.

Edited by jjeffeory

I heard about 4 minutes of the show. The brass and percussion are better now than they were at the beginning of Spring Training last year. They are off to a very good start. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, boxingfred said:

I heard about 4 minutes of the show. The brass and percussion are better now than they were at the beginning of Spring Training last year. They are off to a very good start. 

How were the arrangements?

20 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

How were the arrangements?

Reminds me of FourCorners/SpinCycle with cool mellophone parts. I think that's a fair description of the 4 minutes I heard.

Edited by boxingfred
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

...so I see the imagery in the announcement; I see Rainbow being in there. My guess would be some Bully. I'm sure this show has been carefully thought out for a while, and they've got some great arrangers in there. We're going to have a great music book.

What does anything else think could be played here? What would fit the theme "Where you'll Find Me"? 

Somewhere over the Rainbow...

Where the Streets Have No Name

One Night in Bangkock ( from Chess).

ChatGPT has this to say:

The theme "Where You'll Find Me" could refer to different contexts, such as finding oneself, finding a loved one, finding solace, or finding a place of belonging. Therefore, here are some song recommendations that could fit this theme in various ways:

1. "I Will Follow You into the Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie
  2. "Lost in Japan" by Shawn Mendes
  3. "Home" by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
  4. "Here Comes the Sun" by The Beatles
  5. "Where the Streets Have No Name" by U2
  6. "I'm Still Standing" by Elton John
  7. "The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World
  8. "Roar" by Katy Perry
  9. "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley
  10. "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

These are just a few examples, but there are countless songs that could fit the theme "Where You'll Find Me" depending on the intended meaning and mood.

Interesting picks. 

I think I would like to see original composition work again. Richard Sausado has written a lot of great original work in the 2000s.

For whatever reason, I just remembered playing this piece when I was in the 10th grade. And yes.... I was thrilled to play music by a Cavies legend.

• Like 1

Considering just the visual representation of the show reveals thus far this season (meaning no repertoire), The Cavies excite me the most so far. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I have to ask the most important question.....

How many contras?

16, but 10 were at camp.