Madison Scouts 2023

11 minutes ago, DudleytheWest said:

It's not my responsibility to fix it - it's the BODs - that's what they're there for. Simple as. I'm not sure why some of you are having such a hard time grasping the concept of it being a JOB. If I fail at my job, I'm fired. If you fail at your job, you're fired. They have failed every year from 2016 to today yet they are still there. Again, not up to me. I'm not part of the organization. I would love to win millions in the lottery and offer $10M to Madison on the condition that every single person is fired! Maybe we would re-hire some, but cleaning house is what has to happen at Madison.

And no if I fail at my job my boss brings me in to help understand what I did wrong so I can be better next time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

And no if I fail at my job my boss brings me in to help understand what I did wrong so I can be better next time. 

Ok, so next time that happens don't do better the next time, or the time after that, or the time after that, and see what happens. You won't get as many chances as Chris. Guaranteed. 

Edited by DudleytheWest
  • Like 1

So the topic of should they or shouldn't they fire the corp directors and etc., has been slightly beat to death.

Can we get back to talking about the good things we see in the corp as they perform through the summer?  The kids do come and read this stuff and I think while it's okay to highlight if they had a down performance, it's also the spirit of the forum to praise the good things that occur based on hard work and dedication of the kids.  Talk about how they are doing with the material given to them (whether you like the material or not).  I'm hoping as they perform in the next few weeks we don't just have people saying "I told you so, etc." and instead talk about the design, the show, the goods, heck the bads, and enjoy that they are putting something on the field that many people can be proud of.  

After the season is over then the "should they or shouldn't they change" can be brought up again to fill the void of performances.

Edited by spacewill
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I will keep asking the same question - who do you want to run the ship? If you know something is failing and know it needs to change who is that person to fix it? You keep typing more words but it doesn't answer who fixes the corps you believe is failing.

Personally if the director and board has to sacrifice competitive success to be financially stable that's better than a Glassmen and SCV situation where you never know if they will exist again. 

This is such a straw man. This is an Internet forum. Dudley is in no position to fire and hire so what are you even saying?  It makes no sense. He’s say that for going on SEVEN YEARS now this current management team isn’t getting it done so it’s time to move on. You disagree? Super!  Why do you disagree?  That would be interesting to hear, rather than - who would you replace them with?  That’s just silly. 
P.S. Also - this is not “hating on the kids” or “hating the Madison Scouts”.  Actually, is just the opposite- this is devastating to the people who love the Scouts and the kids, that the BOD and ED are letting everyone down. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I'm sure you value that type of leadership! Question, bit off topic.....sort of, but are you employed in a union-represented position? My guess is no, but will wait for reply.

Asking, as I've seen situations [good & bad] where many would have benefited /good of the whole with terminating a person who was failing in their role; yet due process, legalities, etc made that reality an excruciatingly drawn out scenario, all the while the "business" made little to no progress.

Difficult for me to understand all the complexities involved with this organization, wishing success and progress no doubt.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

This is such a straw man. This is an Internet forum. Dudley is in no position to fire and hire so what are you even saying?  It makes no sense. He’s say that for going on SEVEN YEARS now this current management team isn’t getting it done so it’s time to move on. You disagree? Super!  Why do you disagree?  That would be interesting to hear, rather than - who would you replace them with?  That’s just silly. 
P.S. Also - this is not “hating on the kids” or “hating the Madison Scouts”.  Actually, is just the opposite- this is devastating to the people who love the Scouts and the kids, that the BOD and ED are letting everyone down. 

Well said. Yes, this isn't about the kids at all or hating the Madison Scouts. If this was happening to Regiment (they were heading where Madison is and turned the ship around), Cadets (another corps who is turning the ship around), Crown, Bluecoats I would be angry, because I'm passionate. I am devastated by what's happening with Vanguard because they've always been my favorite corps. The Scouts are one of my favorite corps. I loved them from the first time I saw them in '84 (good grief the final minute of that show was utterly amazing). I want them to succeed. I want them to beat the corps I marched in again. We were rivals and it was so fun. Now.....

Just now, JAZZER said:

I'm sure you value that type of leadership! Question, bit off topic.....sort of, but are you employed in a union-represented position? My guess is no, but will wait for reply.

Asking, as I've seen situations [good & bad] where many would have benefited /good of the whole with terminating a person who was failing in their role; yet due process, legalities, etc made that reality an excruciatingly drawn out scenario, all the while the "business" made little to no progress.

Difficult for me to understand all the complexities involved with this organization, wishing success and progress no doubt.

I am not in a union and my company is 100% on bettering employees instead of replacing them. They hired me into a position I didn't have any background in and have multiple mentors to help me learn and succeed. Best company I've ever worked for. 

2 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I am not in a union and my company is 100% on bettering employees instead of replacing them. They hired me into a position I didn't have any background in and have multiple mentors to help me learn and succeed. Best company I've ever worked for. 

But that's exactly the point - your leaders and mentors are good at their jobs and know what they are doing, and because of that you have succeeded. You had the support necessary to succeed. I've had both leaders/mentors like you who have helped me succeed, and bad leaders/mentors who were a determent to my success. 

Every where I have worked from when I was 16 at McDonalds to today - sometimes someone isn't a good fit or they are incapable of doing their job/being successful and they are let go. 

I've never, in my life, seen someone get 7 years worth of chances and still remain.