Madison Scouts 2023

1 hour ago, Gantang said:

Three really inane comments. There is no need to add girls for drum corps to be inclusive. In fact, sometimes exclusivity is a good thing. A particular bonding happens when males spend nearly every waking hour together. Since you're from the UK, you may not "get" American men.

They ARE NOT in contention for a Saturday night gig. They are slipping, and those in their rearview mirror are closer than they appear. 

It's not about ovaries. It's about a long tradition that changed the lives of countless boys and turned them into productive and successful men. Old ideas aren't all bad, and new ideas aren't all good. Letting all of the immigrants into the UK seemed like a "good" thing because you'all were being inclusive, but the No-Go Zones and rise in crime show that it was a short-sighted decision. Adding girls was supposed to fix all of madison's competitive woes, but the shortsighted idea has been more destructive than constructive. 

I’ll stay off your lawn gramps 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

I’ll stay off your lawn gramps 

You don’t enjoy the sexist 1960s views that just help nothing?  Next thing you know you’ll want non segregated schools and third valves on bugles. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Gantang said:

When they decided to add girls, they should have let the Madison Scout brand die on the vine and revived the Capitol Sound name. The legacy of greatness Madison developed over two decades has 100% evaporated. The name Kingsmen still evokes a feeling of awe among some people. Madison fighting for semis is a slap in the face to the Men of Madison and the Brotherhood. 

Yup. Brands take many many years to build, CK has destroyed it. That's his legacy. 

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Vuitton said:

It is, you are right. But I think the members have thick skin. Believe me, when I marched fellow members were harsher to me than anyone else. Harsh when it called for being harsh, I will add. 

Not sure this gen can handle harsh. 

• Confused 2

This thread is getting very close to getting canned. Either get back on topic or we can kill this thread and start over.

• Like 1

Oh great. We’ve replaced BOD bashing with virtue signaling. I thought politics wasn’t allowed. But I guess if you’re a mod you can take a shot at Fox News. And to think this is one of the places I come to try and get away from all that crap. I suppose you are equally upset about the all-women colleges out there. When WILL Smith College finally go coed, amirite?  Can we ACTUALLY get back to drum corps discussion?

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Reggi93 said:

Ooooh.  Women could never have THAT level of bonding could we? Not in drum corps. Also you may be on to something. My paycheck suggests that as a women, drum corps let me down and did not make me nearly as successful as all the men that marched. That answers everything.   😬

The thing is...whether you like it or not...we live in a world that has a myriad of gender identities that don't take sex assignment at birth into consideration. So Madison didn't go co-ed.  They went all gender. They let EVERYONE in. That's fantastic. And they absolutely don't have to change their name or abandon their legacy. What they DID do was make a conscious effort to shut out and purge the toxicity that insists that they should ignore the tapestry and still adhere to sex assignment. 

Your comments were entertaining though. 

The Scouts purged the toxicity? When was there toxicity in Madison? When I marched Scouts the bond and brotherhood that we had was like nothing I had ever experienced, and it is still with me today. Never saw or heard anything toxic in Scouts. 

• Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Cainan said:

This thread is getting very close to getting canned. Either get back on topic or we can kill this thread and start over.

Kill it, remove it, and start over. Nobody needs to read this hostile crap year in and year out, especially the marching members.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Oh great. We’ve replaced BOD bashing with virtue signaling. I thought politics wasn’t allowed. But I guess if you’re a mod you can take a shot at Fox News. And to think this is one of the places I come to try and get away from all that crap. I suppose you are equally upset about the all-women colleges out there. When WILL Smith College finally go coed, amirite?  Can we ACTUALLY get back to drum corps discussion?

Fair comment about the Fox News thing.. Rightly or wrongly, I was simply responding to his baseless accusations. I apologize. Now lets move on and talk about Madison and what they are doing on the field.