Madison Scouts 2023

1 minute ago, Grandpa Joe said:

Kill it, remove it, and start over. Nobody needs to read this hostile crap year in and year out, especially the marching members.

No one is forced to read posts here. You can choose what you read. No one has been hostile on this thread. It is opinions and debate which is healthy. Can you imagine if we all agreed on everything? We can disagree and still be respectful of each other. No need to shut people down or up. 

• Confused 1

Just now, TenHut said:

No one is forced to read posts here. You can choose what you read. No one has been hostile on this thread. It is opinions and debate which is healthy. Can you imagine if we all agreed on everything? We can disagree and still be respectful of each other. No need to shut people down or up. 

You cant see all the blatant personal attacks in this thread that have been removed or hidden by the mods. When I look at threads, I can see all those hidden and removed posts in pink. My page has more pink than white when scrolling through this thread. Unfortunately, this thread has been subject to hijacking attempts more or less continually since it was started. It gets to a point where the forum support team simply cannot keep up and at that point (which is rapidly approaching on this thread I might add) and only then will we consider killing a thread and starting a fresh one. That said, some of your brother alumni are unfortunately VERY toxic.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Cainan said:

You cant see all the blatant personal attacks in this thread that have been removed or hidden by the mods….   That said, some of your brother alumni are unfortunately VERY toxic.

Yup. Been that way for decades. Will continue until they’re banned or nature takes its course.   They’re good  at scaring off business though. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, TenHut said:

You can choose what you read. No one has been hostile on this thread. It is opinions and debate which is healthy.

There is nothing healthy about the hostility, and yes there has been hostility whether it is still allowed to be seen or not. I choose not to read it, but when my kid messages me about some of the things that are said on here I tend to have an issue with it. Honestly if it were up to me, there wouldn't be a Madison Scouts thread allowed on this site since nobody can discuss them like adults without being hostile, snarky, or down right despicable. Better be glad I'm not a mod is all I can say. Some of the things that people have said in this thread should have gotten them banned. Others have been banned for far less over the years. 

• Like 2

I love the whole musical production.  I feel like they're doing what Phantom did of late with really focusing on having a super awesome music book, and just look what's happened to them this year as a result (at least, I think it's responsible for some of the uptick).  I still think today's dci musicians are as attracted to a fun and exciting music book as anything else, and that's really gone by the wayside with the unambiguously visual-focused sheets.  I LOVE that that seems to be changing of late, and the corps that I would expect to be at the forefront of that change are there.  YAY!  

As a young musician looking for a corps to march, if I heard Madison' book and performance this year I'd put them on my shortlist of places to go.  They're that good, imo.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TenHut said:

The Scouts purged the toxicity? When was there toxicity in Madison? When I marched Scouts the bond and brotherhood that we had was like nothing I had ever experienced, and it is still with me today. Never saw or heard anything toxic in Scouts. 

That's definitely not evident in the way some of the alumni on this thread are acting...NOPE:whistle:

• Haha 8

3 minutes ago, MGCpimpOtimp said:

That's definitely not evident in the way some of the alumni on this thread are acting...NOPE:whistle:

The op said that Madison purged the toxicity when they added Girls. I think he/she maybe assumed that an all male organization just must be toxic, which couldn't be further from the truth with the Scouts. 

• Confused 2

30 minutes ago, Lance said:

Soooo, anybody else love the music Madison's doing this year?  I do.  

Soundgarden is one of my favorite bands. In 92, my fellow corps mate who stayed with the same housing parent drove us back and forth to rehearsals when the corps was still in Rockford and Badmotorfinger was always in rotation on his car stereo. I still think of those days whenever I hear Rusty Cage or Outshined. Good memories.

• Like 1