Bluecoats 2023

41 minutes ago, Drumcorpslife1 said:

I cannot wait for tomorrow so that we can all talk about this show. already turning out to be one of my favorites, so many great moments, such a fun design, one more day!!!

And oh my lord that brass line…so much different than last year…of course, this book helps ALOT

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Maleguena1988 said:

And oh my lord that brass line…so much different than last year…of course, this book helps ALOT

I have loved the bluecoats since 2012 when I saw their show unmasqued for the first time. Feels like forever ago at this point. Its such a different product over these last few years, but also feels very bluecoats - classy, elegant, groovy, fun, poised. Ill be seeing them in texas at some point again after this kickoff, can't wait to see how the show grows. Wow I can't wait to talk to everyone. Its giving me 2014 vibes all over again!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, NewArpege said:

It comes across as self-righteous and overly contrived to me.  I think their leadership thinks it builds suspense and let’s them have a surprise premiere, but I think it works against them as it makes people’s expectations be higher for the show than they are often able to deliver. 

Well I would say on that you would be dead wrong, since their show reveals for the last six seasons have blown people away.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

Well I would say on that you would be dead wrong, since their show reveals for the last six seasons have blown people away.

They’ve had some decent shows for the past decade.  I’ve enjoyed many of their shows, but I’ve only been ‘blown away’ by maybe 1.  Many def have a cool factor though, but the show designs of BC and BD now feel a bit like Cavaliers in 2000s where it started to feel one note.

Regardless, this early season secrecy is obnoxious.  They are taking themselves too seriously which isn’t cool. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

My only thing with this is would you have enjoyed the show just as much if you had known the title, rep or uniforms or anything like that prior to the first show? I don’t know many people that would say not knowing made the SHOW itself better. If it doesn’t, then why bother with all the secrecy? As someone else said, it’s a great way to market and build even more anticipation for the show. Just using Crown as an example, all I heard regarding their announcement was just interest in seeing what they would do with a Camelot show and ideas thrown out of what could be coming.

3 hours ago, NewArpege said:

They’ve had some decent shows for the past decade.  I’ve enjoyed many of their shows, but I’ve only been ‘blown away’ by maybe 1.  Many def have a cool factor though, but the show designs of BC and BD now feel a bit like Cavaliers in 2000s where it started to feel one note.

Regardless, this early season secrecy is obnoxious.  They are taking themselves too seriously which isn’t cool. 

Please, keep going … this stuff is gold!

🤣

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Please, keep going … this stuff is gold!

🤣

It’s ok for us all to have different opinions. All that said, I hope their show is epic. I genuinely enjoy the Bluecoats and would love to see them vying for the top spot. 

• Like 2