Bluecoats 2023

Ok. Short break and it’s time to go to California 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I like this show a whole lot. As always Bloo is bringing an ensemble difficulty that feels unique on the field right now. I dig how the show already feels like a full meal and they aren’t even done yet. 

Agree. Last year, it took a couple of weeks before it all came together. This year seems to already be there. 

• Like 4

Just now, Cop said:

OMG I didn't realize  "Finding and Believing" was a Pat Patheny tune. 
I love it even more 

Secret Story Live is worth getting if you like Metheny

12 minutes ago, lawdn said:

I really came to appreciate their movement last year thanks to another forum member’s commentary. They really bring a unique quality and add so much to the movement palette. I heard BD is doing more big equipment moves this year, and last year they and Bluecoats were my favorite gards, though BAC was mesmerizing with their equipment work. I am going to follow your commentary closely this season!

I adore their guard, as I did last year. They are lyrical. It’s a constant flow that expands and recedes - totally at one with the music. No unnecessary fireworks just to cram in more tosses. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Secret Story Live is worth getting if you like Metheny

saved on my Spotify as of now

Just now, NakedEye said:

I adore their guard, as I did last year. They are lyrical. It’s a constant flow that expands and recedes - totally at one with the music. No unnecessary fireworks just to cram in more tosses. 

Yes absolutely. Lyrical is the perfect word. 2019 and ‘18 were gorgeous too. They’ve been really, really good for a long while but IMO 2018 onward really kicked it up a notch. They got the highest achv score on finals night that year and it was absolutely deserved. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cop said:

saved on my Spotify as of now

you want the DVD if you can find it.

• Like 3