Bluecoats 2023

very excited to see if bloo has added much to the show tonight. i've been thinking about how this how will end as the season goes on. unlike last years show and narration, there is no clear good happy ending in the poem this year. once the priests and chapel show up, they never go away, and the protagonist never grows to be okay with the whole "binding with briars my joys and desires" thing. i wonder how long the bloo staff has had this show idea, as the themes are especially pertinent now in a political sense. 

i really appreciate and admire the show this year, it is extremely progressive, and in my opinion, revolves around a pretty important subject matter. it is really nice to see.

• Like 2

I went to the FloMarching stream, and saw...and saw...and saw...oh wow, I love those changes already, can't wait to see them on the field! Bump feels so much more DEMONIC and the irony of that is not lost on me at all, and I think the direction they took So Many Colors Become a Deep Purple Heart (is there an easier way to talk about this?) is a great one!

• Thanks 1

I know nobody knows the visual ending yet but does the closer seem any different musically?

surprised that people still think that the whole bump section is tearing, like how many shows do they need to play before people realize the weird timing stuff is intentional lol

• Like 9