Meanwhile, on the left coast

The other WC corps to sit out 2022 (Cascades) quietly announced on their website last week an intention to return to DCI competition in 2023, with 20 shows.

They plan to recruit in Seattle and Portland. Here's hoping for a successful return.

As an aside, I hope the Columbians also come to Championships next year but haven't heard anything.

Edited by wolfgang
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Please leave out any political sayings out the door on here. Left coast? Seriously!!!

Try an experiment. Go to Google, type "left coast." Scroll down.

Look at all the businesses from food establishments, wineries, investments, and even a chamber music ensemble. None of these are political; they use a term as part of their name that describes the side of the map the west falls on. 

Thank you.

Edited by wolfgang
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

19 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

Try an experiment. Go to Google, type "left coast." Scroll down.

Look at all the businesses from food establishments, wineries, investments, and even a chamber music ensemble. None of these are political; they use a term as part of their name that describes the side of the map the west falls on. 

Thank you.

I live on the WEST COAST. We don't refer this the LEFT coast. THANK YOU TOO!!!!

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

I live on the WEST COAST. We don't refer this the LEFT coast. THANK YOU TOO!!!!

You may want to discuss that with the wineries and other non-political businesses located on your coast that use the term as part of their name...

Back to the main point- The Cascades are coming back.

Edited by wolfgang

This is excellent news regarding the Cascades - they got in an education-focused team of leadership around 2018 or so and most of that staff near the top seems fairly unchanged (via their website); I appreciated the strides they made in 2019 and was really hoping this forward-thinking leadership could steer them through Covid. Might have just taken a season longer than their peers. I look forward to their return! Drum corps is healthiest when it is increasing the number of healthy corps fielded. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

Please leave out any political sayings out the door on here. Left coast? Seriously!!!

well if you look at a map of the US, it's on the Left Side, and has been called the Left coast for eons.

and glad to see, i have always like the Cascades!

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 5