2023 DCI Rules Congress proposals at-a-glance

Lance

I am fine with the judging changes. I would not vote yes on any of the other proposals. I think shorter shows and pulling back on electronics diminishes the creative advances made by the activity over the past ten years. I think drum corps would be less interesting.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I can understand both sides of the argument on #4.

I guess I’m just a jump right in with both feet kind of gal. 😂 Plus, I’d been marching in band competitions since junior high so by the time I got to drum corps at 14, it was just another show for me.  With a funny horn with a valve and rotor.  I’m thinking most of these kids are the same except for the valve rotor thing. 

For once logical rules. I'm at yes for all but 2 and 4.

Truly, I have no opinion on rule 2.

Rule 4 makes sense, but I don't know that it needs to be 10 days.

• Like 1

so #1 means no percussion representation upstairs?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I can understand both sides of the argument on #4.

they never performed in band?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

I am fine with the judging changes. I would not vote yes on any of the other proposals. I think shorter shows and pulling back on electronics diminishes the creative advances made by the activity over the past ten years. I think drum corps would be less interesting.

Well the proposals are more regarding amplification and doubling as whole. They don't hinder the creative aspect of added electronics. I for one absolutely agree with taking away the general amplification of the hornline. 2021 Boston was painfully loud. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

so #1 means no percussion representation upstairs?

Probably would've been a better written proposal to split the MA caption into Percussion Ensemble and Brass Ensemble.

• Like 1