#DCI2023 rules proposal voting results

9 hours ago, PeterGibbons said:

This post gives me PTSD.

Not DCI, but MBA (what BOA was called before they had some financial problems). 1980 Nationals they gave us a 1.6 point 'timing penalty' as we played pass and review (or some song like that) as we came off the field. That dropped us to second place, losing the title by .45. Strange that they didn't give us this penalty during prelims or at Regionals earlier in the year for doing the same thing.

Conant won, right?  If memory serves. 

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

may have been for electronics taking forever

i think in 16 BD got hit at quarters for timing due to electronics taking too long to boot up.

but for undertime, it's been decades

It was '15 and the penalty was for amplifying their metronome signal so loud that it could be heard next to the stadium.  Oregon got the same penalty earlier that day.

35 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Ah... I guess they were open class?  That was some of my first experiences with drum corps.   

No idea, just read somewhere (History of DC?) or heard somewhere that they were Crossmen feeder and only lasted a few years

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It also signaled that now you can play that long open roll. 

On the DCI historical cd collection for 1983 the 11.5 minute guns were edited out of every performance.  It must have been done to the original masters because the '83 albums still included them.  They literally just cut the fraction of a second or so out of the recordings.  What an utter shame.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

On the DCI historical cd collection for 1983 the 11.5 minute guns were edited out of every performance.  It must have been done to the original masters because the '83 albums still included them.  They literally just cut the fraction of a second or so out of the recordings.  What an utter shame.

Crazy. 🤦‍♀️

8 hours ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

Perhaps I could just sample Chicago in spring and add it back in? 🙂

20 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Nope Amhearst MA.

Succasauna believe was a 75 show 

thats right the drums got zeroed in Suck

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

thats right the drums got zeroed in Suck

Going the opposite way... does anyone recall the show where Muchachos percussion got a zero-tick score?  I want to say it was late in '75.

In '75 there were two field percussion judges. I believe there was a contest where one of the two field percussion judges found zero ticks for the Muchachos.

• Thanks 1