I was the Board Treasure for SCV for 6 years

wow. a full forensic audit by non invested parties needs to be completed with full transparency

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

First, thank you for serving our country.

Second, your post is depressing and if what you're saying is remotely true it means it will be difficult, if not impossible, for SCV to return.

Guy I marched with is a forensic accountant.  Sounds like someone with his expertise may be needed.   Hopefully it won’t be him as he is w/ Federales; when he shows up it gets real really quick.  

13 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I figured we wouldn’t see you here until the game was over. 

i'm usually not here til 11:30 most nights. but today being a federal holiday meant the work laptop was off all day so the game took priority

• Like 1

Thank you for your service to our country and for your dedication to SCV,  @Richard Lesher. I reached out on LinkedIn. I'm also a whistleblower-alum, just regarding different concerning topics.

SCV alum here are a quiet bunch, but include some pretty great people. I hope they'll chime in soon.

My biggest concern here is your comment about censorship of topics. Did you attend the alumni meeting? I have my thoughts about it and have limited what I'll share here if I'm the only one, but would love to hear yours, if you're willing to offer them.

8 hours ago, fighterkit said:

I agree. 
I hung around the souvie booths a lot in 19 and heard a lot of old SCV souvie workers complain about pepware and how it was really hurting them financially, so I bet that also really hurt them 

Pepware is terrible.

12 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

Back in 2005 two very critical individuals to SCV resigned from the organization that cause outside eyes to look inward. Rick Valenzuela who went onto lead the Phantom Regiment and take them to a Championship, and Myron Roseander who was a long time foundation of SCV show design. 

The 04-05 time period was very tough on us as members. We went from crowd-favorite-but-ultimately-mistreated in 04 to a leadership vacuum in 05. RV personally ridiculed me for leaving after an urgent care doctor told me I should stop marching, so, despite my reluctance to speak ill of another alum, he was no saint either. I couldn't walk without help to get food from Amana and for months afterward. I still carry injuries from that time that could've been avoided.

12 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

It is during that time at the conclusion of the 2005 season that I pushed back on the Board of Directors calling out the possibility of operational fraud, thefts, and errors across all levels that cannot be measured. SCV did not have any reliable bookkeeping or accounting practices that would allow it to even remotely track its business operations. 

I'm grateful to those who can assess the finances more acutely than me but... as I've said from the beginning when I published my report,  the financial situation is directly and undeniably linked to member experience.

We trusted them.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
additions for clarification
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Apparently, another DCI World Class drum corps recently asked to lease those new truck tractors from SCV for the summer and were told no. So it would seem the puzzling decision making at SCV continues. 

The Mandarins can apparently afford tour (even coming to the east coast in 2023) but SCV cannot.   Wow.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

I guess the question is what happened to those figures you posted? Were they filed as false numbers and in reality were they not true. If that was the case then were are talking criminal liability.

I suspect that there is more info to come out (which some associated w/ SCV don't want coming out).  OP has done a great service giving us real info to work with, and this begs further answers from SCV.

Numbers seem to suggest that something isn't adding up - even when you include the cost of the 2022 tour (or what the DCP members think tour should have cost).  

Follow the money.

• Like 3