Troopers 2023

1 hour ago, Daave said:

You're absolutely correct, I apologize.  No one on DCP has ever nitpicked the 'costuming' of the 'cast members and performers'.      

You have bigger problems.  Blue Devils have a Matisse that requires your authentication by 11:00 tonight.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

And that is an activity that (correct me if I am wrong) actually intends to be historically accurate, right?

If Troopers were claiming their costumes are historically accurate 11th Ohio cavalry, then criticism would be fair.  I believe there was some degree of confusion over that in the 1970s and 1980s as those uniforms may have been cavalry, but no longer 11th Ohio.  But I do not see where that claim applies to their 2023 outfits.

Yes - some get hard-core historically accurate.  Like camp in the rain for 3 days eating hardtack & salt pork of questionable safety. 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I do not see "historically correct" anywhere on the DCI judging sheets, or in the 2023 show description.  So what is your point?

Anyhow, Troopers have not done "historically correct 11th Ohio Cavalry" since prior to 1970, when they changed to a cavalry uniform with yellow trim resembling that of the popular TV series of that era, "F Troop".  This became their iconic look for all time.  And you only notice this now?

' F Troop '   Funny outrageous TV show  The Cavalry and the Fugarwi Indians.  Censors took it off TV

14 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Another DCI-era record score tonight for Troopers. Didn't want it to go unrecognized.

Is the entire top 12 going to break 90 this year?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, troopers1 said:

Is the entire top 12 going to break 90 this year?

10 could possibly break 90. BK for sure won't do it and I don't see BS doing it either. Troopers could hit the mark if their guard scores increase, but I don't see it happening.

I'm jealous of yall who can claim you liked Troopers before it was cool. I'm obsessed with this show. It is like nothing I have seen or heard before. This show perfectly targets my weak spots of "dark" (in music, not visuals or theme) and "experimental" drum corps. Absolutely hyped to see what comes next from them

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

I'm jealous of yall who can claim you liked Troopers before it was cool. I'm obsessed with this show. It is like nothing I have seen or heard before. This show perfectly targets my weak spots of "dark" (in music, not visuals or theme) and "experimental" drum corps. Absolutely hyped to see what comes next from them

In one of their videos early in season they mentioned that the 2023 show ties into the show that they have planned for 2024.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

It's always been cool to like the Troopers >"<