2023 Indianapolis Hotel Block

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The Omni got really dumpy so I’m staying at the Conrad. They let you pick out the pillows you want which is good because I hate hotel pillows.

To be honest, this particular place looks a little sketchy, but we just need a place to crash. We have had some amazing AirBnB’s, but this one is close to everything. We also Uber/Lyft everywhere. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

The Omni got really dumpy so I’m staying at the Conrad. They let you pick out the pillows you want which is good because I hate hotel pillows.

Some of those "fancy" pillows where your head sinks to the mattress?  Are these actually feather or "down" pillows?  🤔

I actually stack about three of those pillows for sleeping... 😁

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Some of those "fancy" pillows where your head sinks to the mattress?  Are these actually feather or "down" pillows?  🤔

I don’t know what they are but they’re always horrible. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:
2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

30 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t know what they are but they’re always horrible. 

We really, REALLY need June to hurry up and get here. 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
Formatting
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

I'm tired of having to go through my "sob story" about why I won't do drum corps. If I realized that 1 year of high school marching band was too much for me physically and emotionally, what makes you think marching band on steroids will be good for me? You can like to watch sports but not want to be an athlete, right?

Sorry. 

Booked at the Crown Plaza!   😃

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

To be honest, this particular place looks a little sketchy, but we just need a place to crash. We have had some amazing AirBnB’s, but this one is close to everything. We also Uber/Lyft everywhere. 

We don’t move the rental car in Indy until we go to the airport to leave. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

We don’t move the rental car in Indy until we go to the airport to leave. 

So, you use a rental only twice, travel probably less than 60 miles (?), and pay a good rate.  Do any of the hotels offer airport pick-up service?  I'd find a hotel close to my hotel and use them.  Never been asked if I had a reservation with the hotel.  If a driver did, I'd say I'm going to make one when we get there.  Hopefully you and Jim haven't had bad luck with the Uber's of the world.

Edited by TOC