2023 Indianapolis Hotel Block

14 minutes ago, TOC said:

So, you use a rental only twice, travel probably less than 60 miles (?), and pay a good rate.  Do any of the hotels offer airport pick-up service?  I'd find a hotel close to my hotel and use them.  Never been asked if I had a reservation with the hotel.  If a driver did, I'd say I'm going to make one when we get there.  Hopefully you and Jim haven't had bad luck with the Uber's of the world.

We fly into Cincinnati on Sunday of finals week,  see the show there, and go to Indy on Wednesday. We use the car a lot in Cincinnati. 

We’ve had really great Uber drivers in Indy. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

We fly into Cincinnati on Sunday of finals week,  see the show there, and go to Indy on Wednesday. We use the car a lot in Cincinnati. 

We’ve had really great Uber drivers in Indy. 

Hope and I Uber/Lyft a lot and have never had an issue — except they like us too much!

• Like 1

I usually stay at the Fairfield Marriott. There are usually family members from Crossmen and Colts. I’m not sure why that’s the case. Often you see the same faces year after year. Saturday morning breakfast can be interesting. In the past kids who marched in corps that did not make finals have joined their families and you hear a bit about the season. 

I usually book as soon in early September or as soon as I can. It’s about $100 cheaper when I do so.

42 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Hope and I Uber/Lyft a lot and have never had an issue — except they like us too much!

I use Uber to get to and from the airport and for a side trip to the Indiana State Fair on the Wednesday of finals week. They haven’t inducted me in the Hall of Fame yet so I have the night free.🙂 The Uber drivers seem to love the folks who attend DCI and BOA. We must be good tippers. We’re probably the only sober riders they get on a late Saturday night or any time they go to Lucas Oil. They may not know the difference between DCI and BOA, to them we’re all the band people, but they do like us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Ahhhh.  Now your logistics make sense to me.  Yeah, I know.  Everyone else is familiar with your annual pilgrimage to Indy.  I've heard it takes you two almost a year to get your hearing back before the next Finals Week.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 9:31 PM, Orwellian Wiress said:

Nope. They definitely know this story, they've commented on it several times

i'll be honest, i didn't know it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TOC said:

Ahhhh.  Now your logistics make sense to me.  Yeah, I know.  Everyone else is familiar with your annual pilgrimage to Indy.  I've heard it takes you two almost a year to get your hearing back before the next Finals Week.

huh? speak up

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m flying on Delta from RSW (Ft Myers).  First time on Delta believe it or not. 

Delta delayed my flight last year, but I usually fly with them thru ATL.  Hoping that was just a 'one off' last summer as there were so many flight issues with all carriers.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

huh? speak up

10 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I know, right? There was one woman who liked us so much, she came practically every time she was on duty.  I think Indy is boring but the people are nice. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TOC said:

😂 I moved to row four.  Jim has had pretty bad hearing loss.  Not from drum corps but from being around jet engines when he was in the Marine Corps. I had my hearing checked in Illinois before we moved and I’ve had some hearing loss in my left ear.  So row four may be a little better.  It all goes to hell after 65. Hahaha. 

• Like 1