2023 Indianapolis Hotel Block

Apparently there is some racing event in Indy same weekend as dci finals. I didn't do block hotel but stayed near one of my kid's hotel. I met Crossmen and a group of older folks on a group dci trip. They were mostly fascinated that I was able to have and keep both my kids interested in the activity to get them to dci world class...haha a few wished their grandkids were marching. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I know, right? There was one woman who liked us so much, she came practically every time she was on duty.  I think Indy is boring but the people are nice. 

In that "just be a guest and don't push us out of our comfort zone or we'll pass laws against your existence because you're so divisive" sort of way.   Yeah. I'm from Indiana.  I've seen the other side of that "nice."

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

In that "just be a guest and don't push us out of our comfort zone or we'll pass laws against your existence because you're so divisive" sort of way.   Yeah. I'm from Indiana.  I've seen the other side of that "nice."

Hahaha Florida says “hold my beer”. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Hahaha Florida says “hold my beer”. 

With the law passing, sure.  But the teeth are usually out already socially in Florida as I've experienced it.  There's a 'aw shucks we're so nice' way of doing it in Indiana that's sorta chilling.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

With the law passing, sure.  But the teeth are usually out already socially in Florida as I've experienced it.  There's a 'aw shucks we're so nice' way of doing it in Indiana that's sorta chilling.

I did have a neighbor tell me that newcomers (me) shouldn’t be allowed to vote until they’ve lived here ten years. 

9 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I know, right? There was one woman who liked us so much, she came practically every time she was on duty.  I think Indy is boring but the people are nice. 

‘I think Indy is boring but the people are nice’

This could be the new slogan for the Indianapolis Visitor’s Bureau.  

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, darlacorp said:

Apparently there is some racing event in Indy same weekend as dci finals. I didn't do block hotel but stayed near one of my kid's hotel. I met Crossmen and a group of older folks on a group dci trip. They were mostly fascinated that I was able to have and keep both my kids interested in the activity to get them to dci world class...haha a few wished their grandkids were marching. 

Yes, NASCAR is in town, up north in Speedway.  Cup race is Sun 13th; Xfinity on 12th. 

4 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

‘I think Indy is boring but the people are nice’

This could be the new slogan for the Indianapolis Visitor’s Bureau.  

They could even use Tim Snyder's favorite security guy as the poster boy.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Tim K said:

I use Uber to get to and from the airport and for a side trip to the Indiana State Fair on the Wednesday of finals week. They haven’t inducted me in the Hall of Fame yet so I have the night free.🙂 The Uber drivers seem to love the folks who attend DCI and BOA. We must be good tippers. We’re probably the only sober riders they get on a late Saturday night or any time they go to Lucas Oil. They may not know the difference between DCI and BOA, to them we’re all the band people, but they do like us.

Two of the Ubers i used in 2019 knew what DCI was and actually knew some of the corps!  One said DCI weekend was his favorite weekend to drive. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

Two of the Ubers i used in 2019 knew what DCI was and actually knew some of the corps!  One said DCI weekend was his favorite weekend to drive. 

We evangelize about DCI to the Uber/Lyft drivers

• Haha 4