Closers

Thinking back to SCV 1978. Tied PR in prelims, add in Bottle Dance to the closer for Saturday and eeked by them in Finals. 

How, I have no idea. Sentimental judging I guess. The end of Bottle Dance was a phasing-filled disaster. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Thinking back to SCV 1978. Tied PR in prelims, add in Bottle Dance to the closer for Saturday and eeked by them in Finals. 

How, I have no idea. Sentimental judging I guess. The end of Bottle Dance was a phasing-filled disaster. 

Well, getting tangled up in a dropped rifle couldn’t have helped PR.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Well, getting tangled up in a dropped rifle couldn’t have helped PR.

I wonder if the girl that dropped that thing is still in therapy. 

Whomever made that last tick ( I blame a horn player -no way it was a drummer ) before the 11 1/2 minute execution gun went off has been quiet and in hiding for 45 years now. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I wonder if the girl that dropped that thing is still in therapy. 

Whomever made that last tick ( I blame a horn player -no way it was a drummer ) before the 11 1/2 minute execution gun went off has been quiet and in hiding for 45 years now. 

Hmmm... SCV finished a tenth ahead of PR in prelims but the penalty made them even.  PR's guard got a perfect score too.  Flipped the penalty for finals.  

I hope she only required therapy.  Donnie Moore gave up the home run to Dave Henderson in the '86 ALCS that cost the Angels the series and he committed suicide less than 3 years later.     :unsure:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

Hmmm... SCV finished a tenth ahead of PR in prelims but the penalty made them even.  PR's guard got a perfect score too.  Flipped the penalty for finals.  

I hope she only required therapy.  Donnie Moore gave up the home run to Dave Henderson in the '86 ALCS that cost the Angels the series and he committed suicide less than 3 years later.     :unsure:

E-gad, I remember Donnie Moore. Helluva pitcher. I didn't know that. :sad:

7 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Thought all judging ended after the second BANG, unless the bottle dance was during the judging period.

"Whomever made that last tick ( I blame a horn player -no way it was a drummer ) before the 11 1/2 minute execution gun went off has been quiet and in hiding for 45 years now. "

Let's get real. All ticks were equally costly. Rifle, drum, horn...whatever, and the FIRST one in the show shaved just as much from the final score as did the last.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, TOC said:

Thought all judging ended after the second BANG, unless the bottle dance was during the judging period.

Field judging ended. GE continued to the end of the show.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

How, I have no idea. Sentimental judging I guess. The end of Bottle Dance was a phasing-filled disaster

Did you mean '82? Just rewatched '78 and seemed pretty on point...