Per the California Attorney General Vanguard is operating illegally as a non profit

2 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

I just looked at that link.  Here is what I got from it:

• Hard to follow
  • brevity
  • unclear

What I'm not entirely in sync with is this is the Alumni Association meeting, but topics of discussion are "operational" in nature. 

So who exactly is running things? Who is expected to actually "execute"?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

One of my censored comments in this thread described my interactions with some alum in those meetings.

Guess I'll keep the rest to myself again. I mostly stopped going anyway.

I'm just waiting for changes in status or additional posted correspondence from the Department of Justice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard Lesher said:

I'm just waiting for changes in status or additional posted correspondence from the Department of Justice. 

You are very concerned regarding SCV's legal status in regards to operating as a non-profit, running bingo, and soliciting donations. Have you had a chance to file a CT-9 with the CA A.G. Registry of Charitable Trusts, and/or a complaint(s) with the Department of Consumer Affairs, B.B.B, Franchise Tax Board, Internal Revenue Service, or even SCPD?  

You have a lot of options and someone (besides DCP) should listen to you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

You are very concerned regarding SCV's legal status in regards to operating as a non-profit, running bingo, and soliciting donations. Have you had a chance to file a CT-9 with the CA A.G. Registry of Charitable Trusts, and/or a complaint(s) with the Department of Consumer Affairs, B.B.B, Franchise Tax Board, Internal Revenue Service, or even SCPD?  

You have a lot of options and someone (besides DCP) should listen to you. 

Thank you. I did reach to the DOJ but through a generic e-mail. I will certainly use the corresponding form (CT-9) more readily accepted as a complaint. I already did all the leg work. Now I'll reformat it and send it to another channel. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Changes to budget process… have to talk to staff first… 🤷🏻

Just find it odd that any communications outside of BoD is directed to mainly (only?) the alumni association. Not like the alumni will be possible 2024 members. Is alumni association the second cash cow after bingo? (IOW board tells the alumni good news so alumni don’t shut their wallets)

the alumni is potential cash

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Alumni are often THE secondary form of donated cash flow. In some corps they are the first.  But frequently are considered the parachute when things go really bad. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Yeah too bad getting money isn’t the only problem facing the organization. But as long as they keep the alumni happy…. 🙄

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

But now SCV as an organization cannot ask (solicit) for said donations, and those with money have to be convinced they are worth giving it to in spite of financial oversight going completely sideways. 

1 hour ago, Richard Lesher said:

But now SCV as an organization cannot ask (solicit) for said donations, and those with money have to be convinced they are worth giving it to in spite of financial oversight going completely sideways. 

Does that cover the alumni association? Would think that is a separate organization. Their last post for fundraising on FB is early April.

edit: reread the link and fundraising paused until paperwork ok. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari